Catina Hotel
US$122
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Golden Central Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$83
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$178
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$146
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$168
US$98
US$93
US$74
Agoda.com
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$163
US$139
US$109
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$104
Agoda.com
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$380
US$265
Agoda.com
All reviewsjewellery storeno windowopera housedong khoi streetexcellent locationwithout windowsmusty smellphohotel lobbycentral locationour room was spacioushouse keepingcomfortable hotelbreakfast buffet isstayed here for nightssheratondistrict
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here for three nights with my wife and highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are five star quality without the price and the location is probably one of the best in Saigon. Rooms are a bit small, and there was no window, but all was very clean with high quality furnishings. Breakfast was great and a very pleasant surprise at the price. I have stayed at most of the higher end hotels in Saigon, and can honestly say I prefer this hotel. Don't spend the extra money unless you need a pool or gym.

Room Tip: Save the money and go without a window. Saigon is meant for exploring so you should not be inside anyway!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Smack bang in the middle of the city (District 1), this hotel is in a great location if you want to be near to the shops (there are many designer shops), markets and the city centre, it is also in close proximity to other tourist sites.

Our room was lovely and spacious (white deco) and I was greeted to a vase of freshly picked roses as we were on our honeymoon, a nice surprise. Like other trip advisor reviews mentioned, our room also did not have a window but a fake window panel with curtains. Regardless of this I think as our room was fairly large we did not see it as a huge problem.

The staff were very friendly helped us with numerous queries. One negative point we had was we couldn’t receive wifi from our room even though our room contained a router. We resulted to using a computer that was available at reception to check emails etc. There is no gym, no pool and the breakfast provided is adequate, nothing special.

WARNING- Ladies be wary of carrying handbags, if you can help it don’t carry one unless really necessary. You will come to realise in Ho Chin Ming that motorbikes drive on the pavement along with walking pedestrians which is dangerous and slightly off putting as bikers can easily snatch handbags from ladies and speed off. I encountered a similar experience so please be cautious.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RK_2012
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were very impressed with this place. It's in a great location, and one of the nicer streets of Saigon. Always lively but atmospheric and from rooms you can't hear a sound.

The rooms are well appointed and cosy. A lot of attention has been paid to the design and layout of the room.

The staff are professional but not friendly, and I would advise including breakfast as part of any arrangement you have as it is very nice but also very pricey if ordered a la carte.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank GGSINGH
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice during our travels in Vietnam. It is a great hotel with an excellent locaiton in Ho Chi Minh city. It is really close to all of the 5 star hotels and really well priced. Very clean and really nice inside. You can walk around the city very easily from this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room - on our second stay the room was much larger. The other room was ok but the larger ones are fantastic
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here on two occasions (a week apart) for one night each time. After my first stay I decided to re-book as my experience was so positive and I managed to negotiate a slightly discounted rate in person.

The location gets top marks, near to all the main sights of HCMC and right opposite the main 5*s, it's also near the river, plenty of shops and restaurants and you can walk pretty much everywhere from it.

The rooms and bathrooms were very comfortable, clean and well-equipped, and I was happy to sacrifice the real window for a cheaper price (although, if I were to stay there again for a longer period I might consider splashing out). The fruit bowl was very welcome as I was too tired to venture out and there was a really helpful restaurant guide and map in the rooms.

The breakfast was very good (nice waffles) although nothing to write home about. We were able to keep our luggage in the storage room after checking out. There was free wifi and they have a computer in the lobby which you can use for free if you don't mind standing up.

But I have give this 4/5 because of the following (although these shouldn't put you off):

The bath has a strange ridge around the edge which, no matter how careful you are, leads the shower water to run around the edge and onto the floor. Annoying. Also, the restaurant is a bit characterless and the lobby has a slightly strange atmosphere, what with sharing the space with a jewellery store display. And yes, even though I expected it, I couldn't give a 5/5 to a room with no windows.

Not perfect but a great option for a reasonable price in a central location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends