See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2010

From the moment we entered Mini Hotel...it was fab! They upgraded us because they had no standard room available!! Breakfast was great, rooms were quiet and comfortable. Just ask and you'll get what you need! Great walking location to most attractions.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We arrived by nighttrain at about 6 am and the staff had to tell us, that we can't check in before 1 pm. That was the only thing to complain about. Room was nice with luxury glas shower, there is an elevator and free internet. Breakfast is provided on the 10th floor. Only thing to think about - if you just stay 1 or 2 nights, you'll find other hotels without a shower cubicle that might cost less than a half - we would stay here again, but is was a little expensive though.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Until we got home and realised we had items 'missing' (mobile phone and baseball hat) I would have recommended this hotel.

Unfortunately, depsite emailing the hotel to check lost and found and giving them a chance to respond, they have not emailed me back. We actually believe the items were stolen by housekeeping but I was willing to discuss things with the hotel but as they have not responded, I can only assume this happens a lot or they don't care. The funny thing is they emailed me asking me to write a review on tripadvisor about the hotel - but I don't think this is the kind of review they wanted! Unfortunately, until staff in Vietnam stop digging their heads in the sand about problems, tourist are going to continue to have less than positive experiences.

The location and room are fine but I think better value could be had elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sashmanash
binhnguyen, ceo at Saigon Mini Hotel 5, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2010

We are really sorry to hear about your missing items and your blame to the hotels you had been to can be understood as most people did. For thief reasons which is rare to our chain hotel management, we had a similar incident about 6 months earlier in another establishment of ours, in which a guest reported that his camera was missing. The camera recordings and the questioning by our security men determined the perpetrator . We were able to get back the lost item for our guest and fired the housekeeper involved with her claim and police records. Your incident was quite unfortunate for us, as it was reported six days after you left for other traveling site and our management could not find any glue of the lost from the hotel even with our security system and the camera recording. We don’t know how to solve the problem as you left quite some time to different places to had the possibility to loose things as some of our guest did. It happens, and some people also write feedback to us and and then theirs apologize when they found them back or the loss was not in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lost items. Could you please let us know the most convenient and most satisfying way we should do to make it all up for you ?

Our GM did sent a detail email and is still waiting for your response. We do wish the best for you

Saigonminihotel

Reviewed 8 March 2010

We will defiantly return to this hotel on our next visit to Ho Chi Minh City. Although our room was a bit on the small side, it was spotlessly clean, really comfortable, had a terrific shower and was in a good location. The staff were also very hospitable and accommodating. The breakfast I wasn't nuts about, but there were a few amazing restaurants with good breakfast selections and delicious coffee on the same block. A great value overall.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed at the Saigon Mini 5 for 4 nights, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were friendly, and always quick to help. Breakfasts were more than adequate, and always served with a friendly attitude. The room was clean and well maintained. The hotel is centrally located for access to tourist sites. If I return to the city I will certainly stay at this hotel again, and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo