“Marvelous and quiet Hotel in D1 Ho Chi Minh City.”

Blue River II Hotel
Ranked #197 of 986 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I have stayed at the Blue River 2 Hotel several times the last year or so.
The Hotel are Placed very close to all the ''Main attractions'' of Ho Chi Minh City.
The Hotel are placed ...almost in a back yard,but not what you usually think of as a Back Yard. there is a very cosy and wonderfull quiet atmosphere in front of the hotel.
The Staff are kind, friendly and very helpfull.
There is a free moto Parking below the Hotel in the basement of it.
The Hotel is very clean and there is an excellent service from all the staff.
The Wifi Works as well as expected,,but it can sometimes be difficult to connect on my one Laptop with the LINUX system.
The Linux system requires a very strong Wifi.
But with Windows,,,,No problems at all.
The rooms are tidy and absolutely fine.
The shover's and toilet's are in a very fine condition.
And I know,,because I think I have had 4 different rooms there when I have stayed there.
( I think I have checked in about 10 times or so, as well as checked out 10 times. :-)
Lovely owner of the Hotel..with lovely kid's too.
Beautyfull lobby in the reception.Lobby.
Shoes are left outside on the 10 steps stairway up to the Reception/Lobby.
Which say's a lot about the generel Standard of the Hotel.
Are there more to say......
It is not a ( 5#STAR Hotel) as you normally think of a 5STAR Hotel.
But the Owner,,the Staff,,The overall service and cleaness of this Hotel ,,
yes,,the Whole experience of staying at the BLUE RIVER 2 Hotel..
It makes it a 110% 5 STAR Hotel as I see it.
And I have tried THE,,,5star hotels other Places in VN..
Where I have been more or less insulted by the Staff..lack of service from the Staff ETC.

So why throw Money away on something like AN OVERRATED HOTEL,,WHEN...
The BLUE RIVER 2 Hotel are available for a very reasonable Price..
Blue River 2 Hotel is my Place when I am in HCM City.
There is a refrigerator in the rooms,,with Water,,and coke and maybe a beer or 2.

But I am sure if you ask the staff in advance before arriving or during your stat ,then I am sure that they will supply you with some more drink able products.
Please ask them ,OK.
I am sure they will be happy to provide you with what you Desire.

There is only 1 Little tiny minus with it,,and it is not even a minus when having all in consideration,,and that is the breakfast,,
Omelets,with Bread,, Fried or boiled egg with Bread or instant noddles.
But I love instant noddles,,,and fried Sunny side up Eggs.
So I am absolutely OK. and pleased with that menu.
I know from other guest I have met in the Small, but cosy Breakfast room,,,
That they had expected some more,,,
What ?? Do you expect full Buffet,,for that Price and with service,,,beyond imagination.
PLEASE COMPLAINERS,,,get a hold of you mentality !

Be ashamed of your selfe if you think that way my Fellow traveller's,,guest's or Tourist's.

See you Again at the BLUE RIVER 2 HOTEL.

And A BIG NB:-( to the negative comments you can read from some of the other guest's point of Wiev...)
Some people just dont know where to load of their narrow minded frustrations.

And Please dont come back then,,,because maybe,,you are then occupying my ROOM when I before to long a time ,,, absolutely are returning to the BLUE RIVER 2 HOTEL.

Keep Smiling my dear Hotel owner and Staff.
I miss your Lovely Hotel.
5 BIG STARS FROM DENMARK.
SEE YOU SOON AGAIN.
John Jensen. DENMARK

NB.NB. I have written in the dates I have been at this PEARL in Ho Chi Minh City,,
That I stayed in JULY 2017..
But that was my last stay there.
As I remember it,,then my first check in was Oktober ,,november 2016.
And has earlier mentioned,,,checked in and out about 10 times,,So..

I will be back,,SEE YOU. KISS KISS from me.

Room Tip: the rooms are all ok , At least the ones I have had,, ( 4 different ones as far as I remember) on b...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank john j

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is a very small, family-run hotel. The hotel is at the far end of District 1 and in a secluded area. Upon arrival I couldn't find the hotel as you have to walk into some alley to find it.

The hotel staff are family members. And, the family actually lives in the hotel. Staff are always not smiling, angry looking, and not friendly at all. They can't speak English well. Hotel room looks dirty, and smells. There is no daily room housekeeping. I stayed for a week and nobody came to clean the room or replace toilet rolls or the soap. I had to get them from the reception everyday.

The room and toilet has a lingering urine smell. The sheets and blankets are not entirely white and clean - you can see visible stains on the bed sheets.

I usually try to walk instead of taking the cab on my vacation. Although this hotel is still in District 1, it takes about 20 - 30 minutes to walk to the city center.

On my last day I went down for breakfast at 9:15am. The staff told me breakfast was only 7am - 9am. Who in the freaking world will end breakfast at 9am? Anyway, I told him I was only 15 minutes late. He gave me an angry look as usual and pointed to sign that was not even visible and said breakfast is 7am - 9am only. He was adamant he did not want to serve breakfast.

I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I know some of you may have budget constraints. But, there are a lot of newer and nicer hotels with friendlier staff in the city center. This is not a place I will come back to. Sucks big time!

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I wanted a relaxing break from hostels after a several days in a row of changing city every day.

First the positives:
Location - quiet area but near good bars, attractions, restaurants in District 1
TV in room
Good storage space (wardrobes)
Enough charging points
Minibar/fridge
Free Wifi - strong
Private room

Negatives:
1. On 2nd night I had no fresh towels, the bedding was not changed and loo roll was not replaced - this made me question the cleanliness of the hotel. Yes I left the room at around 11am so I didnt expect a full room clean, but surely at least restock the loo roll? It takes two seconds.
2. The reception was rarely manned (or was manned by someone who couldn't process what I needed) so, for example, when I wanted to book an activity I was told to come back another time.
(3. Staff speak very little English - this is fine as I think it's arrogant to expect hotels in other countries to always cater to English speakers, I just mention it because it made communication really difficult when dealing with other issues)
4. My perception of the staff was they were not very warm (possibly arising from the language barrier, but a smile on arrival would have been nice. I felt unwelcome.)
(5. Minor point. The free breakfast ends at 9am - which for me is a bit too early when I'm also trying to plan trips in the mornings).
6. I don't know if they were trying to save on electricity, but the hallways were really dark and dingy with no lights on or windows which I found a bit depressing

MAIN ISSUE
When I entered my double room ensuite I immediately noticed the smell. It was like cat urine or a dead animal coming from the bathroom and seeping into the bedroom. It made me feel a bit sick. The drain in the shower looked really dirty and slightly blocked. I also wondered if the shower water was clean due to the aforementioned smell.

Bottom line? I felt quite stressed here and left after 2 nights after originally planning to stay 4. I'm now staying in a hostel where it's cheaper and more pleasant.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The room was good.
There were 2 men at the reception , and they couldn't speak any English at all. We did laundry there 2 days before we left, and when we got it back it was all wet!
We would not stay again !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Picked this place up at a great price online and when we arrived to check in we were pleased with what we received for district 1 accommodation.

Our room was a nice size and clean with private shower room with A/C and about 10 minutes + to the main area for shopping, food & drinks depending where you were going.

The hotel was so kind to keep our backpacks for us while we went to the islands with just hand luggage and we checked back in on our return until our onward travel to Cambodia.

Our on,y negative was the laundry service - The hotel had over 48 hours to sort out our laundry but we guessed it had been forgotten about as when we asked for it we were told it wasn't ready but we could have it tomorrow.

We had to say this is no good as we have a early flight and need to pack so 30 minutes later our laundry was returned in a unwashed mess.

At check out we were billed for this but the hotel was more than happy again to remove this cost once we had advised them what had happened.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple