Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$127
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$141
US$131
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$137
US$114
Trip.com
  • Pool
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$204
US$137
US$86
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$119
US$74
US$109
US$92
  • Pool
US$136
US$94
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$108
US$71
  • Breakfast included
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$371
US$314
All reviewsinstant noodlesdeluxe double roomfine arts museumsimple breakfastmin walkquiet alleyfree breakfastben thanh marketlaundry servicecomfy bedstar hotelreceptionistvietnamesestreetbackpackerssaigonrefrigerator
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I wanted a relaxing break from hostels after a several days in a row of changing city every day.

First the positives:
Location - quiet area but near good bars, attractions, restaurants in District 1
TV in room
Good storage space (wardrobes)
Enough charging points
Minibar/fridge
Free Wifi - strong
Private room

Negatives:
1. On 2nd night I had no fresh towels, the bedding was not changed and loo roll was not replaced - this made me question the cleanliness of the hotel. Yes I left the room at around 11am so I didnt expect a full room clean, but surely at least restock the loo roll? It takes two seconds.
2. The reception was rarely manned (or was manned by someone who couldn't process what I needed) so, for example, when I wanted to book an activity I was told to come back another time.
(3. Staff speak very little English - this is fine as I think it's arrogant to expect hotels in other countries to always cater to English speakers, I just mention it because it made communication really difficult when dealing with other issues)
4. My perception of the staff was they were not very warm (possibly arising from the language barrier, but a smile on arrival would have been nice. I felt unwelcome.)
(5. Minor point. The free breakfast ends at 9am - which for me is a bit too early when I'm also trying to plan trips in the mornings).
6. I don't know if they were trying to save on electricity, but the hallways were really dark and dingy with no lights on or windows which I found a bit depressing

MAIN ISSUE
When I entered my double room ensuite I immediately noticed the smell. It was like cat urine or a dead animal coming from the bathroom and seeping into the bedroom. It made me feel a bit sick. The drain in the shower looked really dirty and slightly blocked. I also wondered if the shower water was clean due to the aforementioned smell.

Bottom line? I felt quite stressed here and left after 2 nights after originally planning to stay 4. I'm now staying in a hostel where it's cheaper and more pleasant.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The room was good.
There were 2 men at the reception , and they couldn't speak any English at all. We did laundry there 2 days before we left, and when we got it back it was all wet!
We would not stay again !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Picked this place up at a great price online and when we arrived to check in we were pleased with what we received for district 1 accommodation.

Our room was a nice size and clean with private shower room with A/C and about 10 minutes + to the main area for shopping, food & drinks depending where you were going.

The hotel was so kind to keep our backpacks for us while we went to the islands with just hand luggage and we checked back in on our return until our onward travel to Cambodia.

Our on,y negative was the laundry service - The hotel had over 48 hours to sort out our laundry but we guessed it had been forgotten about as when we asked for it we were told it wasn't ready but we could have it tomorrow.

We had to say this is no good as we have a early flight and need to pack so 30 minutes later our laundry was returned in a unwashed mess.

At check out we were billed for this but the hotel was more than happy again to remove this cost once we had advised them what had happened.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mids1985
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night last week had a deluxe double room. Room was big enough for 2 was clean with a comfy bed bathroom was also suitable being wet room. Set in a quiet off street. Location was good for getting about city was a 10 min walk into backpacking area and 20 mins to the war museum. Would recommend this place , breakfast throw in as well

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie W
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

In short, I would not recommend and I would not come back. The room has extreme smells from the bathroom due to the drains inability to actually drain. Mold and other funky smells if even when you shut the bathroom door.

Ants through out room even when we are extremely careful with any scented product/wrappers. Mosquitos in our room every night.

Breakfast is offered but one day they ran out of eggs and only offered instant noodles. Even when they have eggs the breakfast is below average.

Our room was never cleaned and we had to run down to get some supplies (towels, TP, etc).

I believe the husband and wife run this hotel. The man is typically the one who is at the front desk. He is extremely frustrating to work with in all aspects. He can not speak English but for "hello", understandable in Vietnam but frustrating when he is main source for communication. I had my friend who speaks Vietnamese ask him several questions and he simply gave us incorrect information. He doesn't seem to fit the build for running a hotel. His wife is incredible so work with her as much as possible IF you must stay here.

Wi-Fi was fine even for video streaming.

Location is quiet and more of a local scene so nice in that aspect. It's about 5-10 min walk to good food/restaurants.

Stayed: January 2017