I booked this hotel because I wanted a relaxing break from hostels after a several days in a row of changing city every day.
First the positives:
Location - quiet area but near good bars, attractions, restaurants in District 1
TV in room
Good storage space (wardrobes)
Enough charging points
Free Wifi - strong
1. On 2nd night I had no fresh towels, the bedding was not changed and loo roll was not replaced - this made me question the cleanliness of the hotel. Yes I left the room at around 11am so I didnt expect a full room clean, but surely at least restock the loo roll? It takes two seconds.
2. The reception was rarely manned (or was manned by someone who couldn't process what I needed) so, for example, when I wanted to book an activity I was told to come back another time.
(3. Staff speak very little English - this is fine as I think it's arrogant to expect hotels in other countries to always cater to English speakers, I just mention it because it made communication really difficult when dealing with other issues)
4. My perception of the staff was they were not very warm (possibly arising from the language barrier, but a smile on arrival would have been nice. I felt unwelcome.)
(5. Minor point. The free breakfast ends at 9am - which for me is a bit too early when I'm also trying to plan trips in the mornings).
6. I don't know if they were trying to save on electricity, but the hallways were really dark and dingy with no lights on or windows which I found a bit depressing
When I entered my double room ensuite I immediately noticed the smell. It was like cat urine or a dead animal coming from the bathroom and seeping into the bedroom. It made me feel a bit sick. The drain in the shower looked really dirty and slightly blocked. I also wondered if the shower water was clean due to the aforementioned smell.
Bottom line? I felt quite stressed here and left after 2 nights after originally planning to stay 4. I'm now staying in a hostel where it's cheaper and more pleasant.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Blue River II Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.