“Great location”
Review of Seventy Hotel

Seventy Hotel
Ranked #180 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 17 May 2017

For the price, this place is great. The staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included and very yummy. Location and hospitality made it worthwhile. Good stop over the hotel, right in the middle of many little restaurants and bars

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank richardpeltier58

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I just came to HCM city for the first time and stayed in this hotel with so many unforgettable memories. The staffs are almost friendly, enthusiastic. Cleanliness hotel and especially the owner is very kind!
I'd loved to spend the second time here.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Ha l
Reviewed 11 April 2017

we booked the hotel via expedia. it is a good enough hotel for its price. but we were expecting a room with a city view as advertised on tripadvisor but got a room without a view at all. no windows at all. The elevator is cramped and smelly. it could get loud at night since it is surrounded with bars.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel the night before we wanted to arrive, however on arrival we were told that we had been moved to another hotel. As it turned out it always actually of similar quality and we weren't disappointed, however I don't think it is great practice.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dannihaynes13
TranLien, Manager at Seventy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

We try to do everything and make you feel like in home, so if anything wasn't quite perfect, we offer our apologies, and we're always striving to improve our place.
Any recommendations or advice will be very much appreciated.
All staff in Seventy Hotel did our best to give you the best service in possible.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

They overbooked us by purpose so they could send us to the owners second hotel in a back alley.

I booked a tripple room through Agoda in the morning, the sameday of the planed stay. They had 4 available tripple rooms when I booked.

We arrived at 10am, and was told by the receptionist that our room was not yet available, as check-in is at 1pm. So we left our luggage and headed out in the town.

When we came back at 2pm for check-in suddenly they had no available room, but offered us a room at the owners second hotel. He showed a businesscard of that hotel with a missleading map on it, showing the hotel around the corner (it's actually a 500m walk). The card sais also "Read our reviews in TripAdvisor", so I thought I'll sit down and do just that. To my surprise the hotel is not even on TripAdvisor! So I try the website printed on the card, and guess what.. doesn't work!!

I said that this was not acceptable, and asked why they didn't tell us this in the morning when we arrived so we could had booked another hotel. Having no answer I refused and said I'll sit and wait until they arrange the room I booked.

So, after a while the manager comes and tells me how sorry she is, but as I had booked the last room on Agoda they had managed to double booked. I opened the Agoda app on my mobile, and showed her that they still had 3 rooms available for booking!!

We finally managed to get a room, but it was not ready until 7pm in the evening. In the mean while they offered us a smaller double room to rest in.

Worst experience I've ever had in a hotel!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends