“Nice find ”

Lau Pho
Ranked #1,752 of 2,928 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$3 - US$50
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I really liked the food here! Good vegetarian and non vegetarian options and very fast service. I loved the rice with vegetables. I loved sitting in a more local part of town, the atmosphere was great. The waitress does not speak complete English but she understood us and even brought us forks when asked. The restaurant is opened till late, we ate there at 11-12 and was still taking orders.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I never put any comments usually, but unfortunately the visit at this place was a complete fiasco and I feel I have to help to avoid such a deception!
I got served 4 shrimps with a hint of leek on a tea plate for 160’000 vnd and a bowl of rice that I had to claim as never arrived! A rubbery for Vietnam and a shame to serve such a dish! On the menu it was advertised as shrimps in coconut milk with rice... what????? A real joke!
My friends dishes were not any better. Beef in pepper sauce was uneatable and chewy. Don’t know about the hot pots they are advertising, really hope they are better. But honestly, I recommend you stay away!
Last but not least, we got cheated on the bill.
We basically went there as the place next to it where we wanted to go Ngon Villa was already closed (we went there next day and I can only highly recommend it; best meal in Vietnam, but you have to book). So please do the extra 100 meters and go there instead.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

You will have a battle to order from the menu. There was no english translations on the menu. The waitrons did not understand english and were not really capable of understanding what you wanted even if you pointed to the menu. Overall a very disappointing evening

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I think some of the reviews here do not do justice of the place's food and service. Almost didn't try this place due to the pre-existing negative comments here but decided to give a go nonetheless.

We ordered the hot pot with fresh seafood (at 350k ++ for two pax). The food materials are really fresh, the prawns were literally jumping inside the pot when we started heating. As we are tourists who obviously looked rather dumbfounded with what's going on, one of the waitresses came up and help to peel the prawns and put in the food materials. Definitely superior level of service here that warranted me to come and download the app just to review it to give some other perspectives to fellow foodies.

1  Thank Longkaizhou
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The food was tasty, but expensive. The staff spoke no English and when we asked for no peanuts (in Vietnamese), they left them on.