All reviews fantastic hotel connecting rooms hotel is situated wonderful week breakfast spread was good missed breakfast location is ideal convenience store loved our stay junior suite large bathroom old quarter sister hotel halong bay free upgrade no window booked this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in total 6 days in this hotel and we had a wonderful time.
The hotel is well located, near the lake hoa Hien. At the reception and at the restaurant aswell the staff is in constant alert of customer needs.
The restaurant is excellent,the dishes are sophisticated and the atmosphere very pleasant.
One point to notice: ask to get a room with a balcony! If not there is no window in the room. the bathroom are very clean et modern.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mad C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the hotel was good. Rooms were nice and they made an extra effort to decorate the bed with flower petals. There was complimentary variety of fruits in every room. The service was excellent. The staff was glad to share with us the nearby attractions and restaurants. The staff also contacted us via whatsapp in case we need any assistance during our trip in Hanoi. The staff showed us to our rooms and shared with us their facilities and amenities available. Will definitely stay there again if i am in Hanoi.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherlinnn
Reviewed 13 October 2018

The hotel was located in the heart of Old Quarter. The reception was excellent, courteous especially the reception staffs, always constant alert of customer needs when I request for more firm pillows. The daily breakfast was excellent with wide choice of Pho Noodles, various choice of eggs Omelette, Sun-rise examples, fruits, others continental varieties.

Room Tip: accessibility, good breakfast, excellent services
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben L
csm264, Manager at Essence Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Ben L,

Thank you very much for taking time to share the true experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor's community! It is fantastic to learn that you found our hotel as excellent choice for the customer service, prime location and delicious variety of breakfast.
We highly appreciate your encouragement which not only help travelers to find the great hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter but also help us to keep up the good work. Nothing is more wonderful than welcoming you back to Essence Palace Hotel for another special stay!

Sincerely yours,

Steve Doan (Mr.)

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I returned to Hanoi for a second time in September and there was never a question where I would stay. I had such a great experience at Essence Palace Hotel last year that I contacted them again when I was planning my trip. Mike took care of everything. He booked my hotels (at Essence Palace in Hanoi and their sister hotel, Aira, in Hoi An) and airport transfers, helped me with my Visa and much more. He was very responsive to my many emails and everything was handled efficiently and professionally.

I was greeted upon arrival with refreshing juice, fruit and a cool towel - a very nice touch after a very long flight. It was so good to see the same staff that was at the hotel last year - a testament to a good company which retains their excellent staff.

The location is perfect on a quieter street in the Old Quarter, but very close to the action and the lake. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was well appointed with a comfortable King bed, desk, sitting area and spacious marble bathroom. I had a room with a large balcony which was a nice place to have coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at night while enjoying the sights and sounds of the Old Quarter.

The breakfast buffet was included and had a wide variety of food (both Vietnamese and Western offerings) and included several items you could order off the menu. The staff was very attentive and made a point of getting to know me during my stay which made dining in the restaurant an even more enjoyable experience. I also had dinner in the hotel restaurant several evenings because the food and service was exceptional.

The hotel staff is what makes this property over the top. I've stayed at a lot of 5-star hotels and I would rank their service and professionalism among the best I've encountered. I traveled alone on this trip to Hanoi and Suzy and Lily at the front desk and Mike and Steve at the Tour Desk made sure I was well taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Hanoi.

Contact Mike and Steve when you are planning your trip and they will take care of everything so that your trip to Vietnam is one that you will never forget.

Room Tip: Get a room with a baloncy. Let Mike and Steve at the hotel plan your trip to Vietnam - they will take care of everything.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank casa1234
csm264, Manager at Essence Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear casa1234,

It is so grateful that you spent your precious time to share the real experience about hotel on TripAdvisor community which is so valuable for all travelers. It is so helpful information for all who is looking for a smart choice of accommodation in Hanoi City. We are extremely proud that our efforts did impress and satisfy you. All of us from management team to staff highly appreciate your kind compliments on our service, the room, food and travel arrangements. It is so delightful that enjoyed your trip that organized by tour desk and personal touches from reception team. Nothing is more wonderful than having you again next year for more joyful experience.

All the best and warmest wishes,

Management Team and Staff

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The BEST part of our entire Vietnam holiday was staying with the team here at Essence Palace!

From start to finish we were provided with world class customer service, particularly from Suzy, Ken and Steve.

I cannot fault our stay here and it’s truly because of the team they have in place who are absolute assets to the Essence brand of hotels!

Our memorable stay with you means we cannot wait to stay with you again!

All the best and thank you again Suzy, Ken and Steve!

Regards

Adam and Phuong, 2018.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adam A

Dear Adam A,

With the best wishes from Essence Palace Hotel to you!

Thank you very much for your excellent review about Essence Palace on TripAdvisor.com! It is fantastic to hear that you love our personal service from start to finish. We are so happy that you felt homely and had a memorable stay at our hotel. Nothing is more rewarding than having you back for another special experience!

Sincerely yours,