See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Staying at this hotel was fantastic! The guys looked after us really well organising washing and even looking after our motorbikes whilst we went to Halong bay!

Will be staying here again after I travel to Sapa!

Thanks again!
Steve

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is a very nice hotel right in the middle of Hanoi old town. It is extremely clean and the staff are very helpful. There are lots of scams in Hanoi and the hotel staff were good in warning us about these and in ordering us taxis that were scammers etc.

Room Tip: We Will come again, this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I was not amused by this hotel.
18€ for a double bed room which has dirty sheets with holes.
The room looks quite clean but it is not nice to find a cockroach walking in the bath when you are taking a shower...
The hotel provides towels and toothbrushes but this is just to appear as nice hotel which is actually pretty far from that definition.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

A friend and I stayed three nights at The Royal 2 Hotel in Hanoi and found the staff quite pleasant and very friendly. The room was very clean and spacious with a balcony that was perfect for us seeing were both smokers. It's in a great location, close to many shops and restaurants with free WiFi and computers for all hotel guests. It's all over a great place to stay at a low price.
P.S Key to any hotel in Hanoi don't let them bully you into booking tours through them if you don't want to..... oh and we still can't believe we missed breakfast!!!! Even with the morning phone call (That we slept through)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The tout pick me on the street so i negotiated 12 dollars/night as it,s a 15/night brand new hotel with all mods&cons! Really good!
The problem is that in the morning the guy rang me to tell me to come for breakfast before it's too late for them (round 9.30) then he called again to try to sell me halong bay, then last call to tell me to pack up (i had booked for 3 nights) because they had 10 clients arriving and they needed my room!!! Can you believe that! It means that ifi had gone for a walk in the morning i would have probably find my bag at reception ready to go! The guy in charge is a d&%*head! He takes the micky with his fake smile and way of befriending you, i would not trust them to leave my stuff in their hotel!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo