See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Zero attitude or professionalism! No smile when we walked in whatsoever, even frowned at us (???). Found bunch of bed bugs under my friends' mattress and the maid came to say "oh those are baby cockroaches. It's fine". We were like "what the hell?". And they BIT her.
I even found out the receptionist talking crap about my friend's complaining but changed to whisper when she recognized me.
Things got a bit more relaxed when the manager came to negotiate. But still, he didn't even bother to ask if my friend was okay (which he should've asked first).
What's more? The building was really old. The closet looked creepy somehow. Everything needed maintenance.
The only reason to stay in this hotel is its close location to the centre but there are a lot more options. We moved to Rising Dragon hotel (10 min away) and everything was absolutely different in a positive way. I'm not coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Quang N
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms need a major overhaul, peeling wallpaper and musty smelling. The bathrooms are poorly lit and cleanliness is an issue. Great location though, if you are just looking for a place to sleep and am out the whole day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in seven years ago when we last visited Hanoi and loved the location, so went back to this hotel again. Hotel is exactly the same as it was back then, nothing has changed.
We didn't book in advance, the rate we were given on walk in was similar to what was advertised online, breakfast wasn't included which is fine with us.
The room we stayed in smelled terribly mouldy, it was over powering at times. Bathroom had no ventilation. The shower is in the bath, and the bath was quite elevated and I'm scared of heights, I wouldn't recommend this room for someone with mobility issues. Super hard beds but this is Vietnam.
Great location, walking distance to everything.
Very helpful staff even though they were very busy at the front desk, helped us make bookings at restaurants we wanted to visit.
Although the hotel isn't badly priced, I think at this price point in competitive Hanoi, you could do better. Needs a refresh.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016

Hotel locates is the best location in Hanoi. The breakfast is reasonable at the rooftop restaurant with excellent view. I believe the hotel needs a serious maintenance, and clean up. The room does not look that old but a bit clean up and maintenance will be fine, especially lighting system and cleanness inside the toilet

I suggest the staff behavior to be improve if they consider a long term career and living, a little smile to the guests will make different

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Room on 8th floor. Had to climb as at that moment elevator malfunctioned. But staff was v helpful and carried my bags though my lungs ....
Clean room.
Somewhat old.
The outside of my room was noisy. People loud talking.
Warm reception, helpful staff.
Taxi for airport at good rate arranged .
Bed comfortable. Towels just good enough.
Bathroom clean and mid sized.

Room Tip: Ask for any floor below 8th floor as 9th is the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business