All reviews the main hotel old quarter mini fridge air con hotel room four nights hoan kiem lake cathedral vietnam taxi tours
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

2 weeks in Vietnam, this was the worst stay for the rent we paid them. Every other place we stayed was just perfect and they were family run.

We arrived by 9 pm and had a flight to catch early next morning. The hotel was shabby and we saw a rat. The room in the ground floor near the lobby, if you manage to catch a glimpse, will ensure you don't eat or stay here. We were told we will be given 5th floor and there is no lift or escalator. It's a revolving staircase to the top. The doors in the room were broken with patches in it to prevent insects and rats coming in. The bedding had dirty patches we managed to see even in the faint dull light that the room has.

The worst part of the stay was the cab to the airport. The hotel arranged for their cab to pick us at 6 am. This was not a taxi, it was a cab arranged by hotel. The plumbing in the hotel room was not working and we were 10 minutes late getting into the cab. The driver threw our luggage into the car. He then started using expletives. The driver hardly knew any English but for the f###you he kept saying in every sentence. He drove the car like he was testing for Ferrari. The driver stopped at the airport, threw our luggage out, shouted to get some extra money and promptly showed the middle finger. We politely returned the favour. It was a scary ride to the airport and left us in a bad taste leaving Hanoi.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank venkatesh m
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here four nights when we first arrived in Vietnam, location was convenient, lots of restaurants around, room was clean and spacious-the lady who cleaned the rooms was very sweet. Front desk friendly and helpful. Highly recommend for the price.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I’m not sure how I feel about this hotel. It seems like a good price and is in a great location. Although the cathedral bells do wake you up a lot :-) but it’s not as nice as it looks in the photos. The room is big and the beds are nice but the shower floods the bathroom and it doesn’t seem the cleanest hotel. Ants! The shower is actually very nice water pressure and temperature though. I stayed in a long term room so I also had a mini fridge which was awesome. I’m not very high maintenance so the negative things don’t bother me too much. I stayed here two weeks. If you’re looking for a cheap place for just a night or two then this will do the trick.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2017

They have at least three properties. When we were staying there, their reception was in the main hotel - we were staying there. It seems the owner's family also lives there. The location is good - close to the cathedral - no hectic vehicle traffic like in Ma May street and around there. It's a budget place with decent rooms, air con and helpful staff who will help you if you ask them - no peddling of tours, which is a great plus.

Room Tip: corner rooms have more light
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Well I booked this online and I have always been really happy with my bookings. I booked this hotel online and I went by the photo. Never trust a photo. It looked light and attractive had a balcony and it was cheap. It was not like the photo at all but given that the beds were good the room was spacey we had a balcony and the water was hot. I've always said that so long as the room was clean and the water hot what more do you really want and this hotel met my criteria. However they are building and the men start at 6 and knock of at 4. But at 8pm the cleaning crew come in and start cleaning up all the mess made by the builders. So you heard shovels cleaning cement mess and that was horrible. It went on all night every night. The hotel staff were fantastic but they obviously went home for a good nights sleep. I think you could do better for your money after the building it may be worth another look.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends