“VERY BAD HOTEL-SKIP IT !!!”
Review of Blue Moon Hotel

Blue Moon Hotel
Ranked #263 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I booked this hotel 2 weeks before arrival day. When i arrived, they said that they were fulled and moved us to another bad hotel (the room is very dirty & like a guest house room). We not want to stay here then we back to Blue moon hotel, Mr HƯNG- receptionist said that if we not stay there we can book another hotel. He did not professional to sold the problem and not know how to work as a receptionist?
EVERYBODY PLEASE SKIP THIS HOTEL- THE SERVICES ARE VERY BAD, STAFF NOT HELPFUL & FRIENDLY :((- VERY BAD HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We originally booked another hotel in Hanoi but that hotel was full and overflowed us to Blue Moon Hotel. This hotel is so terrible.
First, the bathroom light is not working. Taking a shower in such a dark room was so scaring. I just wanted to get out of the shower as soon as possible.
Second, the hot water from the shower was limited. The water get colder and colder as I showered. If you don't want to get a colder shower, finish it in 5 mins. Otherwise, you have to suffer.
We only stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We checked out in the other day morning. The reception guy asked us to pay for the room fee AGAIN which the original hotel has already paid for us on the previous night. He wanted to cheat us!! NO one in the reception can speak English. There was no way we could communicate with them without translation from a local people who know English.
Lastly, this hotel has 5 floors but no elevator.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as we got here late with no where else to stay. We read a few of the reviews after staying here and can fully believe the "rats in the kicthen" comments as it looked filthy and you have to walk through to get to your room.

The worst thing was the room had no secure window, half of the window was missing!! We only discovered this when we opened the curtains in the morning and complained. The owner even tried to explain to me that it was safe!!!

Bathroom was disgusting and very dated (hence no pictures). The room at $21 was so not worth it. We stayed in a lovely hotel nearby for basically the same money!

Do yourself a favour and DONT STAY HERE!

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in october 2016,location is great and the staff were great,room wasnt the best we had cockroaches and lizards and it was very run down and in need of an upgrade,the noise from outside was unbearable at times,would say if you are on a tight budget and need a central location for a night or 2 then this place would suite you.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Very disappointed in this hotel which I would call more of a hostel. The staff repeatedly tried to enter our room unannounced (I mean the reception staff, not cleaners). Felt very unsafe. They assumed we weren't in the room on several occasions and tried to enter our room using their key at 11pm!! much to their suprise to find us in the room. Did not bother to knock on the door, so definitely dodgy!
Breakfast was disgusting. I sat at the table, there was no menu and after sitting there for 10 mins with no staff approaching me, I approached them and with no english spoken they pushed me back to my table to wait. I had no idea what was going to be served nor did I have a choice. About 20 mins later after me approaching them several times to find out how to even get a drink of water, I was served a plate consisting of a fried egg, a piece of stale bread and a smear of jam on the plate (see picture). This, I found out, is what every single person who stays there, is served!!

Lets just say I couldn't wait to leave this place!!

Not particularly clean either!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple