“Delicious food with a wonderful staff”
Review of Cafe Lautrec

Cafe Lautrec
Ranked #267 of 2,950 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A stylish and contemporary Mediterranean style brasserie located in the heart of the French Quarter offering guests a splendidly unique and intimate dining environment.
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Located in the Hotel de l'Opera. Wonderful breakfasts with many choices including gluten-free options. Delicious dinner with broad range of options in a romantic setting.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is the main restaurant in the Hotel De L'Opera, where we stayed one night. Breakfast offered was a hybrid of buffet and waiter service, with all hot dishes being cooked to order. This was very good, at the top end of what you would expect for this standard of hotel. Our dinner however was quite poor.
They offer a western and Vietnamese menu. My wife ate from the former, I ate from the latter. The highlight was a goats cheese starter which benefited from good quality ingredients, but I was disappointed with the Vietnamese dishes which did not have the same freshness or depth of flavour we experienced elsewhere on our trip.
If you are staying at the hotel, indulge at breakfast but look elsewhere at other times. Also, worth getting a seat in the 8 storey high atrium.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Food staff drinks music and surroundings all excellent. My husband and I eat here most days and we normally like to try different places. I would highly recommend this cafe. Friendly professional staff and great choices.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Breakfast, lunch or dinner at Cafe Lautrec is a very pleasant and professional experience. We enjoyed dinner in the large indoor atrium one night watching Casablanca in the background. Seemed like the perfect synergy between East and West.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This is the restaurant within the Hotel De L'Opera. Lovely food, lovely ambience. Staff were very helpful in splitting the bill between myself and my travel partners. They also have a good choice of wines (rare within Asia but part of its French colonial heritage). Go for the local, Vietnamese menu.