Open today: Closed

from US$59.00
from US$36.00
from US$45.00
10,231 results
All reviews embalmed body white uniforms single file resting place great leader impressive building presidential palace school children ho chi worth a visit interesting experience his life take photos on display vietnamese history old quarter queue
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is part of a city tour that we took and although it was interesting and I learnt a lot of the history, it was a long walk and lines and lines of people to see the the body of the ex president of Vietnam. I can understand that he is very revered but did not expect t have to cover my shoulders. I guess the tour could have been more interesting if our tour guide spoke better English and had better knowledge. I learnt more from listening to other tour guides around me.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Really nice to see the changing of the guard at 7.30pm. lots of atmosphere and no tourists. Live band music and very formal to watch. It was part of our Hanoi vintage vespa tour.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

As we approached the mausoleum, the queue seemed never ending; I've literally never seen such a long queue, it easily goes for 1-2miles! We arrived at 10am and found out that it was closing at 11am. (11:30am on weekends) Following a simple logic: we thought we'd either be in by 11am or not need to queue more than 1h as it will be closed anyway.
The queue was actually consistently moving and it was kind of funny seeing the odd Vietnamese person trying to sneak in front of you haha. Don't overtake as you can get into trouble for it: we saw a women get put to the end of the line cause she tried to overtake a few people.

The mausoleum itself is not that special I guess considering you spend about 10 seconds seeing Ho Chi Minh himself. However, I think it is a question of respect and embracing the culture that should make you want to go see him. Personally, I saw Lenin's body in Moscow and frankly they looked almost identical except perhaps that Lenin was chubbier haha. If you've been to see Lenin, this will probably not impressive you but if you've never seen a dead body conserved for over 50 years than there is a sense of "awww" to it.

Remember to dress appropriately (like for a church), cannot speak inside the mausoleum, cannot take pictures obviously and keep walking!

CONCLUSION: I RECOMMEND AND WOULD RETURN

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Part of a day tour with Gate 1 we were there after the actual viewing hours (8:30 – 11:30 most days…..get there early). Apparently, the line to get in is typically a mile long anyway. There is a sizable plaza in front where you can bask in the glorious blandness of the edifice. Take a pic or two and move on. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Mausoleum on Monday 27 April with my wife
Arrived at 10.00 am to join long queues of people to gain entry. A lot of school children in a parallel queue next to us
Bubbly and cheerful. It took about 1 hour to get and gain entry to Mausoleum People showed great respect and very very silent when they entered
To me it was a great experience as I have a love of History and too see the body of Uncle Ho was rewarding
To visit. Get there by 9 as I think it closed early. Around 11.30/12.00
Check before you start your journey
Overall it worth a visit if you are in Hanoi

Date of experience: April 2018