“relax & nice meal”

Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Social Club is an oasis in a quiet laneway in the heart of Hanoi, serving excellent coffee and tea, and hearty meals, including a wide range of vegetarian choices. Come and enjoy this creative space (including our terrace garden) and relaxed vibe, day or night. Regular live music events - check our facebook page!
“relax & nice meal”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

we stayed in Hanoi for 3 days. and every day we came here to taste new dishes and change outside picture for something more welcome.
the weather was wet, rainy and cold. and it was a pleasure to come here and getting warm with ginger&lemongrass tea and honey.
musli with yogurt for breakfast was very nice. green salad incredible!
super friendly staff and very good in english. wifi is available but better on 1 floor (there are 3). it's not very easy to find the place at your first visit, but it is worth the efforts!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank telaja

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“An oasis in hectic Hanoi”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very nice atmosphere, good (western) food, and if you are craving for french fries, which sometimes just happens, go there. They have nice vegetarian food as well.
Good place to relax for a moment in hectic Hanoi

1 Thank NathalieMatze
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Slow Service and Lacks Taste”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I decided to go here for lunch as it sounded great. It took a bit of searching to find it. The place is nice inside, but a bit dark so very hard to read the menus. They need some extra lighting or a bigger font on the menus.

I ordered my drink which arrived about 5 minutes later. However, after waiting around 40 minutes there was no sign of my couscous wrap. I asked for the bill and then magically my wrap appeared with no apology for the delay.

I should have just paid for the drink and left, but I wasn't that rude. Although the wrap was seriously lacking in any taste.

I would certainly not go here again if I was looking for a vegetarian option. A lady close to me had to ask for the veg patty to be added to her veggie burger as they sent her one without it initially.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank thejournalist
“We could have been in Fitzroy”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

It was great being able to escape the 'hustle and bustle' of the city, by entering a cafe that could easily be in a different city. It had a Fitzroy (alternative-hipster) feel to it and therefore would not look out of place in trendy locations in major cities such as Melbourne.

We had an inconvenient flight time and so had either a very early dinner or a late lunch snack of a burger, french fries and a mango curry with cocktails and coffee. We really enjoyed the time we spent here.

• Visited February 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A vegie dream!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Extend your stay and spend the whole day in this familiar and cozy place with an arty touch!

1 Thank Bibifever10