“Average experience”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Angelina - the exceptional bar - lounge - restaurant Angelina offers western cuisine with Italian influence and has a gourmet selection of fine grilled meats and seafood as well as modern tapas, pastas, risottos and lighter fare. Angelina is also where the "who's who" of Hanoi come to play. Avant-garde design, a live DJ and a top shelf guest list make Angelina the place to be seen. Innovative mixologists show talent with their signature cocktails, premium spirits and enviable wine list.
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

The food there is of an average quality, but top prices. With many other good options in town, it is not necessary to go there for a nice Italian meal. And the biggest downside is that smoking is allowed indoors. With the restaurant being small, having a separate non-smoking section is almost irrelevant. So this is not the type of restaurant to go to for non-smokers or for families with young kids. Most decent restaurants won't allow indoor smoking.

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I wanted a simple meal as we had a lot to eat during the day. We ordered the calamari to start. I enjoyed it, however, it was too spicy for my wife.
She ordered the bow tie pasta in a red sauce. The pasta was good, however, neither of us had ever seen them this large. I had the Tagliatelle Carbonara and I thought that it was excellent. The servings were not real large, however, perfect for someone without a large appetite. Our service was good.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

For our nightcap, we decided to visit this bar named Angelina located at Metropole Hotel in Hanoi, we had a few drinks and drink menu was extensive, nice and wide selection of drinks, dj was mixing some nice music but volume was good enough for the four of us to have a nice conversation, this is definitely a must visit place after dinner, highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Angelina is almost later than most other restaurants and bars and is really a high class and sexy lounge. The lights are dim, the vibe extremely modern, and the music is awesome. I noticed that on the weekends they have a dj spinning the hottest and most recent dance music I hear in the States all of the time. The drinks are awesome and the menu extensive, but what kept us going back was the fact that it is open late, the service is superb, and they have a quite a variety of absinthe. It is not exactly the same as I have had in Europe, but it was really good and a lot of fun. The whole experience of the glass cask with ice and the liquid pouring over the lit on fire sugar cube is really awesome. I would highly recommend going to Angelina to any traveler who wants to experience something cool in a really nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

On arrival the Staff at the front of the hotel were great. As we entered the restaurant informed us of the smoking downstairs (bit odd) and the dj that would start at 9pm. Not quite what we expected. The decor was almost tacky and over the top. The table was nice and food was presented well but overpriced for what it was. The restaurant lacked atmosphere with music too loud and not suited for the clientele. We had to ask to see a dessert menu and then were outrageously charged for ice cream. We booked in for a nice final night before we headed home and were slightly disappointed although food was fine. An very average meal with a ridiculous price tag.