“Hanoi holiday”

Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel
Ranked #95 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Great and helpful staff. Good range of breakfast from local to western dishes. Rooms are spacious comfortable and good amenities . Short walk to the Old Quarters. Many eating place within walking distance. . Definitely will come back and stay at Mercure.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are on the upper floors
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Soon C,

Thanks for the great review in regards to your recent visit to our Mercure Hanoi La Gare! I am glad to hear you found our location to be convenience; we are approximately 3 minutes from the train station and within walking distant to most of Hanoi's attractions.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our culinary delights; our Pavilion has been well received with their abundant of offerings, especially our breakfast.

Finally thank you for recognize our staff, I will share with them your comments, I am it will serve as motivation tool for them to do even a better job.

Looking forward to welcome you back,

thuy.nguyenthanh@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Very friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, nice food at restaurant. The room was quite despite the noise outside. The breakfast varied and tasty. We had a couple of meals at lunch and dinner, all very nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pilules,

Thank you for the great review on your recent visit to our Mercure Hanoi La Gare!

I appreciate greatly the recognition of our staff, cleanness of our rooms and the efficiency you found during your visit. All of the team has worked extremely hard at presenting the most comfortable facility to our guests.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our culinary delights; our Pavilion has been well received with their abundant of offerings, especially our breakfast.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

As an Accor member, I decided to book this hotel while planning my stay here during my 3 nites here.
Even as a four star property of the Accor branding, I was overwhelmed with the service staffs from the bellman, to the front office, and the restaurant service staffs.
Everyone treat me as a valued guests, wherever you meet them.
The hotel is situated very near to the main train station, and I use Grab app for my transportation needs, as it is widely used here and much cheaper than taxi.
My two small issue that I encountered were firstly, I was given a room with stand-in shower inside the bath tub. I could not find any rubber mat to be placed inside the tub, while showering. I checked with the Front Office, and was told the hotel does not have the rubber mat. I use the small towel as the tub can be slippery when wet, and advise the staff that providing the mat is to prevent any accident especially wet surface is a risk to accident.
Second issue is, the pic on the hotel website does not show the full pic of Deluxe Room when book online on accor app or webpage. I booked Superior and find that it is small than I thought, but I managed to pay a little more additional fee to upgrade to Deluxe Room.
I can also recommend that the airport bus 86 do stop near the hotel, and you can save some cost by travelling in the bus from airport to the hotel if, you have the time to do so.
Every staffs can speak or understand English and it makes communication between staffs and guests spotless..
Thank you for your great hospitality.. See you next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Roland540,

I appreciate greatly the recognition of our staff and the efficiency you found during your visit. All of the team has worked extremely hard at presenting the most comfortable facility to our guests.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I will share with my team accordingly. Once again thank you fro sharing and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Location is far ( not within walking distance ) from tourist attraction / shopping area like Ho Guom lake. Taxis are reasonable/ cheap so one can offset the distance with cheaper rooms easily. Appears more like a place suitable to cater to business/ solor travellers but saw families as well in the hotel. Breakfast place and bar are very small and so is the gym. Overall a good experience for a business / solo traveller with clean rooms and linen. Room service menu is minimal but they have a restaurant downstairs. Nice cafes and restaurants within 5 mins walk from the hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear MandyMumbai,

Thank you for the review for your recent visit to our Mercure Hanoi La Gare

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleanness of the our hotel and our rooms as well as the attentive and dedicate of our staff in accommodating your needs!

The hotel actually located very close to most of Hanoi's attractions, 5 to 10 minutes walk to the old town, 3 minutes to Central train station and 5 minutes to Temper of Literature and Ho Chi Minh museum and mausoleum, 3 minutes to Women museum etc...

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The staff here were exceptionally helpful and professional. One morning we were running late for a trip and they kindly organised a take-out breakfast for us! Many thanks to them for helping us to really enjoy our stay in Hanoi in November 2016 .

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter J,

Thanks for the great review in regards to your recent visit to our Mercure Hanoi La Gare! Your recognition of our staff is particularly pleasing and I always enjoy hearing how our team engages our guests and provides true Mercure service.

I appreciate very much for sharing and we will look forward to you next visit!