All reviewsmr leehalong bayold quarterphohot waterfree upgradetravel agenthotel is greatthe hotel staffbuffet breakfastamazing servicerooms are cleanairport pickupnight marketearly checkhotel is locatedday tour
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff
Location short walk to lake

Everything else about the house is average
Buffet Breakfast bland
Hotel rooms not functional, I had ants in my room, mound in bathroom, towels were old and ripping along edges
Bed is really firm for those that don’t like hard beds

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mysteria03
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We stayed here 2 nights and found it really good. It is in a centralized location, so we could walk to things easily. The staff were friendly and very hospitable. We had them store our bags for a couple days while we toured Ha Long Bay. The rooms were very clean with AC and the breakfast was good. Our room didn't have a window, but that wasn't a problem for us as we were outside most of the time. They were really good at getting us a Car to the airport also.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chanders82
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Quiet hotel in Old quarter area within easy walking distance to all city attractions, eateries etc. Very close to train street. Varied breakfast was all tasty and staff were all helpful. Special mention to Levi who was fantastic in introducing us to the hotel and recommending local restaurants and sights - very professional. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for I believe six days (took some day tours; hard to know exactly). This was an immaculate choice for Hanoi! We booked the executive deluxe with balcony, and it became our home while in Hanoi; I hardly want to go home after staying here!

The room is enormous, with ideal Old Quarter locations and views, and American TV if you like that sort of thing. Solid WiFi and an excellent mini-fridge, kettle, all amenities, rain water shower, extraordinary view of the bustle (high rooms are best). Same day, cheap laundry service. You will want for nothing at this hotel: ask, and they shakl arrange, from the bell boy to the breakfast staff to the handsome men working at the counter, to Mr. Ryan himself (who we must wonder if he was Paris-educated? A brilliant man with immaculate taste and perfect English).

Everything is lovely and perfect for Hanoi. It's the only hotel I would consider for this price, unless a rooftop pool were put in somewhere ;)

We loved our stay at this beautiful, comfortable, and luxurious hotel with its service, staff, and owner in a perfect location and spot on Halong Bay recommendations. Nowhere else can make this level of service and elegence for just the right price.

Thank you. We recommend anyone seeking affordable elegance in the heart of the old quarter look no further. 4th floor room are especially gorgeous, but all are great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

***[EDIT]***
So I wrote this review below originally at early May. But the hotel told me if I wanted a full refund, I have to remove that review within 24hours. So I obediently removed the review immediately, within 24hours. And guess what, they went back on their word AGAIN. Just like they went back on their word about the room amenities. They still refused me my refund despite me fulfilling their conditions! I was SHOCKED beyond words. I called Agoda to relate to the hotel that I have already done what they asked, to remove the review, so could they please get the hotel to refund me. Nope. This is utterly disgusting. This is BLACKMAIL and worst, they do not even hold their end of the bargain.
Guests, please kindly do yourself a favour and do not stay with this hotel. I am sure you do not want to stay in a hotel that has no qualms about blackmailing their guests. If they can stoop to this standard, imagine what else they can do.
***[EDIT]***

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL EVER!
I faced the same problem as the other reviewer before me.
I booked a Deluxe city view which promised a balcony included
However the hotel manager, Ryan, insisted that there is no such thing and that Agoda listed their room description wrong, and insisted that I settle this problem myself.
Clearly, they already knew that the room description was WRONG (as other customers experienced this before) and they did nothing to change the misrepresentation.
Ryan mentioned I could do a cancellation with full refund but this is not enough as it is very near the trip date and other hotels are full or if not more expensive so how can they expect me to pay more for their mistake?
THey keep insisting that it is Agoda's fault and they are not to blame because they are just the middle man. Then is it my fault for booking the hotel and asking for what I paid for?
The fact that they can shirk responsibilities this way is a huge red flag and also that they did not correct the misrepresentation by Agoda even when they knew such a case happened before.
I have not stayed here, my booking is in may2018, but my interaction with them has showed that the hotel does not prioritise customer satisfaction and also, blatantly lie about their room amenities despite knowing full truth that they are not going to keep to their promises.
I would say AVOID this hotel at all COSTS.

It is not WORTH your time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dez92
Hanoi H, Owner at Hanoi Graceful Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Quan Yi (Dez92)
We feel very disappointed when reading your feedback, it was written 100% one side and it proves that you are unreasonable and not knowledgeable.
This is the 2nd time you reported the matter, and we have to tell the story again to avoid any confusion from our guests.

When you booked the room online, then sent us a request for room with a balcony, we immediately sent an email back to inform you the issue, to avoid confusion; for we know that you didn’t get the right view of the room you want
After receiving our email, you kept blaming us- that we have to be responsible for this and threatening us that you would write a terrible review if we don’t provide you a room with the balcony!!
You didn’t bother asking your agent for a reason, and we are the one- a victim- that you blamed for
If you book something online and don’t get the thing you expected and paid for, then why don’t you first ask them? They have to be responsible first, not us
It doesn’t matter whose fault, but it matters when you only blamed us- not your agent- while we are the third party (even couldn’t get a direct contact to you), and your agent is the 1st one that you should ask and blame for
On our online setting and on our website, you can easily see that 100% of all information. But again, you ignored our suggestion and kept blaming, and it leads to 1 fact: there is no way we can solve the issue
When se said you could cancel your booking- for free- and find another place that suits your needs, you said you want the full money back, and 20% EXTRA- that we have to pay!!?? We’re victim and we have to pay for it?? Why you didn’t ask your agent when they are the one who have to be responsible for the issue happened??
It’s a big pity that we cannot upload the pictures, to show our guests the truth, we didn’t make a mistake, we did nothing wrong
We didn’t ask you to pay more, we asked you to question your agent, but you didn’t do it, blaming us is the only thing that you had done so far, and we are not sure if your online agent knows about this or not
If guests are not satisfied with our rooms and our services, we are always pleased to let them cancel for free, no charge will be applied (even we have right to full charge- as cancellation policies). But it doesn’t mean that you can write wrong and negative things just because you cannot get the thing you want- when it’s not our fault.

Back to the topic, when we received your feedback (complaining the unexpected issue) and your request (of refunding 100% room charge), we had immediately reported to Agoda, and we’re pleased to refund you 100% room charge (though we had right to charge it- as you cancelled within cancellation time and lose all money). Agoda then replied us and they confirmed that they had refunded you the total amount, so we really DO NOT understand why you are now saying that you did not get any money back!! There are 2 options that had happened: or you lied to us, or Agoda cheated us both (they might have forgotten refunding you that amount, we are afraid, in a positive way).

We wish you would have asked them- Agoda- the site you booked the room through- for an answer, and also asked us for a reason of why the money is not back there in your account, but disappointedly you did nothing.
This was solved over 1 month ago and we don’t know why now you told the story, if you want, please send us a direct email and you would send you the conversation between us and Agoda, to prove that we didn’t lie to you.

To Agoda, please help us have a look at our conversation (in online reservation contact) and you will see what has been happening. And please also give a solution to this matter. More importantly, please make sure that you have refunded the 100% room charge as discussed and confirmed. And the most important: this review must be removed by guest, and you should be responsible for this unexpected matter.

To Tripadvisor, this is the 2nd time guests reported a matter which is really untrue, rude and unfair. The 1st review was removed as it should be. So we would like to request that this review should be removed the soonest.

Best regards