“3 tours back to back: no regrets!”

The Real Kangaroo Cafe Tours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing place! Great food and the Na Da beer made our trip! If you're there do try it!

We booked 3 back to back tours with Max to explore north Vietnam and each one was better than the other. We were lucky about the weather too, rain came right when we were done in all tours!!! (I think Pat is the lucky one on this!)
The SaPa tour was great, with great tips for the trip and excellent service from Max who took us to our train!
Halong Bay was amazing! We had great tour guides and activities on both days! The CatBa hotel was a great one too!
And what can I say about the Mai Chau, Cuc Phoung and Tam Coc?! Rice fields all the way, peaceful homestay with the lovely Mrs Chung (who had rice wine shots with us!) Amazing food (a few surprised looks when we kept saying: no meat, no dairy, no eggs! But so much food! So if you're vegan don't hold back and don't worry! There's amazing food for you too!)
And then to top it all Max and ms Tui (I hope that's how it's spelled!) helped us with tickets for Hue and drove us to the train station again!
Stellar service!
When back in Vietnam I will definitely visit the cafe again!
Thank you again for an amazing experience!
I cannot recommend the cafe and the tours enough!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to have a friend refer me to Max at the Real Kangaroo Cafe in Ha Noi before we left home. Max was available to chat over Skype or FB Messenger (numerous times) and we could discuss everything we had in mind directly with him. This was a really huge help in planning our trip. Max saved us a world of heartache for sure.

The tours Max has sorted are all great and he is as honest as the day is long and just knows all the Local ways here.

We loved the food in the Real Kangaroo Cafe and I didn’t try the western food that much but my partner loved the hamburgers! Me, I recon the Real Vietnamese food served at Max’s place is brilliant and as good as you will get anywhere in Ha Noi. It’s all fresh and the kitchen is spotless which is in itself a little unique here.

Max and his staff helped us with everything from accommodation to tours to local customs and made our trip here that much better. The Golden Rice Hotel he recommends is close to everything in the old part of town and a lovely place to stay.

You can even get Vegemite on toast at the Cafe.

Thanks to Max and his wonderful staff for everything.

Recommend highly to anyone visiting Vietnam.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I was recommended the Real Kangaroo Cafe via a very dated Lonely Planet travel guide. When I discovered they were still in business 15 YEARS later, I knew they must be good - and I was very right. Max and Ms. Thuy were great. Max and I shared hot coco while Thuy played some good music for us. I booked a trip to Sapa and despite the weather, had a terrific time. Their recommendations and guide, Mu Xyooj and her sister Sa Giang helped me really enjoy get out and enjoy Sapa. Thanks to Max and Thuy I really feel I got the best out of Hanoi and North Vietnam. When I return to Vietnam I certainly will reach out to them both.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fab tour to Halong Bay. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip, smooth transfers, comfortable accommodation, good food, knowledgeable and affable guide, pleasant company. Good value too. Gets my vote!