All reviews privacy curtains double bed free beer free breakfast old quarter dorm beds bathroom wifi tours street
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stayed at Hanoi Centre Hostel. It was not our first choice, we initially booked Pod Hotel however, they cancelled our booking a month before the trip. It was under renovation and we actually went to check on the way to the Old City Gate (they were located on the same street). We had trust issues, LOL. It was indeed under renovation. Anyway, we were very satisfied with Hanoi Centre Hostel. It was my first time to book a double bed in a hostel environment. They also made sure to clean and we got fresh towels on our second day. The bed was big for Edline and I. The best thing about this hostel though are the staff. They are the most helpful people ever! They made sure we are well-informed about the tours and they helped us book our bus package to Catba. My only complaint is the curtains, I wish there's no gap so there's more privacy and the noise and light are more contained.

So our schedule is normally wake up early and go out, go home at around noon, get some afternoon nap and go out again during sunset. Our hostel also had a happy hour every 6pm where they give out free beers to all the guests. We drank one glass each before going out. I must say that we felt buzzed after that one glass. I heard that it's a local brew and it's from a keg. Man, that beer was strong!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The hostel was clean and well locates. The breakfast was simple, but delicious. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I didn't like the fact of not having a shower cabin in the bathroom, so every time that someone was taking a shower, everything was getting wet in there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Staff is very nice and helpful. Located in the Old quarter, it's close to everything and they arrange tours and airport transport. Clean and tidy with a nice lobby and privacy curtains. Would recommend.

1  Thank César N
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Super friendly staff, helped me to organize all my trips, including Halong, Sapa, Nimh Bin and night bus to Hue. Vôn, from the staff helped me with everything and is super friendly and professional.
Great value, Very clean, great breakfast and Free Beer from 6-7pm. Easy to meet people. Beds are the comfiest I ever had in a hostel.

1  Thank Kieron F
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This hostel was amazing. I booked my tours through email with Mr Thi before I arrived in Vietnam and he was so helpful with information and pricing. Tours were great value for money and I got a lift to at the beginning and picked up at the end of the Sapa and Halong bay tours I booked through them.

Staff were also incredibly friendly and remembered my name which was amazing considering there were a number of backpackers staying there.

Beds had curtains and the facilities were very new.

Loved this hostel!