“Friendly, authentic 4 hour Tour experiencing Hanoi ”

Hanoi Backstreet Tours
Ranked #1 of 933 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hanoi Backstreet Tours organizes Food, Culture, Sight & Fun Tours in and around Hanoi on Vintage Jeep, Motorcycle & Foot. We significantly provide unique, impactful and once in a life-time food, culture & fun experiences for those who want to learn and discover the real Hanoi, to live a day in the life of Hanoi, to enjoy authentic local foods and cultural connections.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My driver picked me up 5min before the agreed time! we were a fun group of only three people. watch out there at lots of local food tastings, so leave some room before the tour. Leo was a very safe and cautious driver and super friendly. passed markets, alleys, Hanoi's top sights and some off beaten paths. A bit more time for pictures at some of the sights could be worth considering. maybe the full day tour allows for that. Overall great experience!

3  Thank Simon K
in 6 reviews
"minsk motorbike"
"great tour"
in 24 reviews
"highly recommend this tour to anyone"
"amazing city"
"tour leader"
"delicious street food"

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic tour!
Food was soooooo good, including the egg coffee! ( A must!)
Scooter ride was fun, yet safe...
The guys running the tour were friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to understand.
We had some rain, but wore ponchos...no problem!
A must, if you are in Hanoi!

2  Thank Natalie P
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We did this tour a few days ago and loved it! The other reviews are right that you shouldn’t eat much for breakfast and definitely don’t make lunch plans, as this is not just a bike tour!!! It was awesome as not only did you get to ride the bikes around Hanoi (amazing how serene it felt in such chaos), it covered food tasting, wet markets, black markets, city life and rural life. We all had different “favourite bits” from the tour too which was great as shows the range of experiences that are shared. Our tour was led by Chinh who was fantastic - calm, caring, smart and passionate, a wonderful combo. A really interesting person to spend some time with and great to be able to ask him lots of questions that had come to mind as we’d been experiencing Vietnam. The other drivers were lovely also (though most didn’t speak English). I love also that 10% of ticket price goes to the October Foundation (there is info on this on Backstreet’s website) - looks like a really good and genuine charity which is supporting the community. I really wish you and the Founders well with that.

2  Thank Sophia R
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I recently took the Hanoi Backstreet Tour on a friend’s recommendation. I’ve traveled in Vietnam a lot and thought few tours could truly surprise and impress me at this point. Boy was I wrong! This tour combined so many great elements and did each of them to perfection. They took us to parts of Hanoi I hadn’t been to (and that’s saying a lot! Did you know that there are country farms right in the heart of Hanoi only 10 minutes from the Old Town?!). They took me on a very unique food tour (not your usual bahn xeo, pho, bahn mi that most other food tours include). They shared lots of history about Vietnam and Hanoi in particular … all done by motorbikes. Cool old Russian Minsks at that! The guys that work for this tour company are required to train for 3 months on their motorbikes before they can drive a guest. So they’re very well prepared.

Tony was my driver and the head of the tour I went on. He spoke great English and has the most delightful and fun personality. The other drivers were a lot of fun as well. I lead tours so I polled the other guests during some downtime and every one of them (5 others) rated it a 10. I will definitely be including the Hanoi Backstreet Tour as part of my Hanoi tour from now on.

1  Thank Beverly H
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This tour is the best way to see many different parts of Hanoi. Since you are on a motor bike, you can cover a significant amount of ground. I had never ridden a motor bike before and was scared at first but the drivers are very polite and great drivers. If you want to see the different walks of life or hidden gems within the city, this tour is for you.

There are many different types of food during the tour, sampling snacks, desserts, and traditional meal dishes. The tour guides are well verse in the culture and history of the food/city so there is an excellent description that provide depth to the tour.

10/10 would recommend doing this tour!

2  Thank TommyC2274