“Not bad but has so much more potential”
Review of Boat Lagoon

and up
Phi Phi Islands by Speedboat from Phuket
Ranked #167 of 251 things to do in Phuket
Reviewed 12 January 2015

Boat lagoon is nice. From a marina perspective, they have a nice marina, very spacious and plenty of area for keeping boats on land on the hardstands. Accommodation-wise the rooms were good, very big however based on the amenities they provide, the quality of the room, I had to give it three star. When you come and stay here, don't expect a luxury experience, but more of an affordable and convenient accommodation. Since it is a big hotel with affordable rooms, you will run into many mainland Chinese tourists, who I have to unfortunately say do not have the best of manners. The breakfast is not up to par and my group and I preferred to eat elsewhere.

The staff are nice, service is great...I really commend this place because of their staff.

I would recommend the restaurants on the property. There was a breakfast restaurant (out of the hotel but in the lagoon) and another Italian restaurant called La Taverna, they were both great and food was very enjoyable.

I wish this place would really put more effort into the details in creating a more glamorous ambiance, simply because I believe it has so much potential. You'll notice when you drive in, there are so many empty offices...Boat Lagoon needs to innovate and change that so vendors will flock to occupy office space there and people will regularly come.

There are newer reviews for Boat Lagoon

Reviewed 7 December 2014

The swimming pool and downstairs layout of this hotel are excellent , it is a little outdated but not to bad. The rooms are large and the breakfast buffet has a large selection. The marina has a large complex with plenty of restaurants and cafés , the wifi is very slow but it is every were I would definitely stay here again you will just need a hire car for getting around easily

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My mum and i flew up to Phuket for the weekend and because it was a last minute thing she booked boat lagoon for $75 for both of us including breakfast.
The hotel itself is quite nice, quite peaceful and the pool is very nice. It is surrounded by a beautiful marina and there is another amazing marina down the road where the boat show was being held.
Was very, very disappointed with the "spa" that the hotel staff brought us to. Apparently there were 2 in the area but they brought us straight to the one further from the hotel - odd. first warning sign should have been the unkept garden out the front. weeds were everywhere and although it looked like a nice relaxing place, it wasn't. I had not had a spa experience before so we booked in for a 2 hour mani-pedi and an hour long massage. They brought us into this tiny room with green walls, mismatched chairs and asked us to sit.
There were mosquitoes EVERYWHERE. they had to switch off the aircon and open the door which made the experience even more uncomfortable.
Mum's chair was so high she couldn't even put her feet into the bowl of water they provided. the staff started on me first because she was the only person that knew how to do nails. One person in the whole spa. I felt bad for her because I knew it would take a long time but lo and behold, my mani-pedi was finished in less than half an hour with no top coat, no base coat and no focus on my cuticles and a very poor choice of colors (about 15). mum decided not to even bother and we did not want to risk having a bad massage so we left after that.
Overall, a nice hotel to stay at if you're not staying for long, rooms are nice enough to stay in for a shirt period and breakfast buffet was so-so. The spa experience really just made my experience here very unpleasant although the staff were very nice.

1  Thank Sarah_Schick
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you like wandering round marinas and looking at all the posh yachts its a nice place to spend a few hours. The Italian Restaurant here is excellent for lunch and evening dinner.

1  Thank jenson
Reviewed 1 May 2008

Stayed here in April 08 for a week in a time share unit.

In summary
Quiet and peaceful - has a bakery/cafe, cheap but good thai cafe/restaurant, Italian restuarant, large hotel featuring an open air all you can eat buffet each night and an expensive restaurant, Supermarket and bank just outside the compound, also a row of day only food stalls just outside.
Several good swimming pools available.
Despite being fairly new, the drains are poor so it often smells like the bad spots in Patong. This was made worse on several occasions when the local fishermen seemed to dump loads of rotten fish/gut just outside in the channel.
There has apparently been some contention between the local government and the Lagoon administration, so no dredging of the channel has been performed - all but the shallowest draught vessels can only get in/out at high tide.
Getting anywhere involves an extensive taxi trip - there is a taxi rank just outside and this is a 500 metre walk from the accomodation.
The various day tour operators DO NOT include free pickup from the Boat Lagoon - some charge up to 300 baht pp extra.
I was really looking forward to some action in Patong after we left - found it boring.

2  Thank Jim S