“Awesome!!!”
Review of The Bite

The Bite
Ranked #64 of 1,055 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Relaxed, comfortable and friendly bistro setting serving top quality mainly Mediterranean style dishes with a hint of Central America, at unbeatable prices. Our aim is to provide you with food of a high standard, with a brand new special every day, at prices people can afford during these tough economic times for both tourists and expats. Our great team in the kitchen and front of house look forward to feeding you!
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing European food, friendly staff... beautiful wine... at good prices

This was our second visit and we weren't disappointed

Well worth the effort to find

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The former Bite Me Bistro has reincarnated itself as The Bite in the same premises near the corner of Third Road and Soi Lengkee. When the original closed its doors in January this year, many diners mourned its passing, as Bite Me had occupied a unique niche in the Pattaya restaurant scene.

Like its predecessor . The Bite punches way above its price class in serving top-notch food at bargain prices. The menu hasn't changed much since the Bite Me days. It's still largely Mediterranean food, often modern takes on classic dishes and international favorites. The ingredients are high-quality and fresh, with a lot of care taken in the preparation of each meal.

One new twist is that a handful of Thai dishes have been added to the menu, which gives Thais who aren't enthusiastic about Western food another option.

When The Bite picked up Bite Me's dropped baton two months ago, many wondered if it would be able to regain the culinary heights it once held. To a large extent, it has. There may be some details left to iron out, but by and large, it's back to where it once was.

A few nights, two friends and I had dinner at The Bite. Two of us chose the three-course set menu, while the third had a garden salad and tom yum goong (sour and spicy lemongrass soup). He had the seared fresh tuna salad as his starter and I had the arancini balls with bacon, rice and cream cheese as mine.

We both had the steamed sea bass as our main course. It was served on a bed of linguine with a tomato, pernod and white wine sauce. We topped off the meal with a personal favorite of mine, bread-and-butter pudding with vanilla sauce.

No complaints about the food from any of us. It was all made from quality ingredients prepared and cooked well. The salad was great value-for-money; a plate of top-quality vegetables and not just a pile of lettuce.

Sea brass is a delicately flavored fish and it's easy for a sauce or accompaniment to overwhelm it. The sauce with the linguine was subtle and it didn't swamp the natural taste of the fish. The linguine was cooked as it should be, al dente. Too often in Thailand Western pasta is overcooked. The bread-and-butter pudding wasn't cloyingly sweet and the vanilla sauce was probably the best I've had in Pattaya. Very good job on that one! Portion sizes were fine. As my friend said, "I'm sure not hungry anymore."

Bottom line: There are places in Pattaya where you can certainly get more food for your money, but I doubt there's anywhere in town that serves an equivalent amount in that price range that's as good.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The restaurant appears to be under new management, formerly called Bite me it is now called The Bite. I visited with a friend and as the 2 usual Thai staff served us they were their normal very pleasant and helpful selves. When the food arrived after being micro waved mine was lukewarm but my friends Lasagna was cold. Not what you would expect for this type of restaurant or food. After a 2nd attempt at the microwave my friend had to ask for it to be oven heated. The previous décor has been removed and at my time of visit the restaurant resembled a condemned mans cell, empty! I have dinned here many times but that was my last and I am sorry to say that, not a patch on its former past.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent food every time that won't hurt your pocket, highly recommended with a very good delivery service

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I am very happy to see that this place has reopened. Now call The Bite in the same location. They offer 2 or 3 daily specials - see their Facebook page for details. They now offer delivery.
Definitely one of my favorite places in Pattaya!

1  Thank DC90