“Excellent french restaurant”
Review of Aux Agapes

Aux Agapes
Ranked #152 of 1,055 Restaurants in Pattaya
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Were there yesterday evening. Here are the mainpoints:
Easy place to find and private parking available next to the restaurant.
Nice, simple but classy decoration, enough space between tables allowing privacy
Warm welcome by the chef, excellent professional with experience
Well done service, everybody served at the same time, hot plates, sounds normal but not easy to experience in Thailand.
Excellent choice for the menu, all dishes home made, I recommend the milk fed veal........ tete de veau was more than welcome after so many years....
Nice selection of wines, not only french ones, prices very reasonable.
Excellent overall experience and I recommand the place.

point to consider:

Enormous portions specially for dinner. Why not to propose a smaller portion version of the dishes and have the possibility (space) for a starter ??

1  Thank didier k

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Went there for the first time and loved it. Nice elegant deco, good music, friendly chef and staff, good service (uncommon in Thailand), good wine list at very reasonable price and excellent food. Went for duck leg confit home made (2 legs which for me was too much) but so good that I ate it totally.. Then went for a home made nougat glace.. Excellent also..
Also has milk veal which is normally impossible to find here
Was my first time but will be back soon.
Congratulations and thank you

1  Thank ddomdom
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This is a very comfortable, very friendly french restaurant with wonderful food.
Have visited twice in the last two weeks and intend to visit many more times to be able to explore the extensive menu.
Very generous portions, so much sure you leave room to explore the excellent deserts!

Extremely good value for money

1  Thank thailandtony
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This is my first visit to Aux Agapes and I was very impessed with the food and service. I haven't seen milk fed veal anywhere else in Pattaya, it was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented.
The restaurant offers a good selection of wines to complement a superb meal.
I will definitely be coming back for more

1  Thank Barrytha
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I have eaten at this French restaurant three times during the last 2 weeks. I was taken by a good friend who also knows many restaurants in Pattaya since we both live here for years. We were both extremely impressed by the choice on the menu, the friendly but not less important, professional service, the excellent food and good wine. I tried various dishes so far but I will come back to taste all items on the menu. The French owner is mostly in the kitchen to make sure we get the best. His saying last night was: "the menu only lists dishes I like myself very much and I know I can prepare well. Otherwise you cannot serve good food to your clients". Well said Chef! Every time I brought new friends, they were all, without exception 100% satisfied and impressed and would certainly return. Until now we could just walk in and dine without a reservation, I am sure that will change very soon. One point for improvement is the location and cleanness of the toilet, which is upstairs. Chef keep on cooking those nice dishes and consider the rabbit!