“good location, good value, very clean”

Rome Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #322 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Nice hotel, good location (terrible resort though, full of drunks at night!) Hotel pool area is almost covered but relaxing, Only two loungers. Room was very nice and clean, there was no shower curtain in the room and even though I asked for one they did not bring it so taking a shower was hard as water went all over.

Would stay again, but will never be back in Pattaya!

Room Tip: room at back of hotel as front rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This place is very close to walking street, easy access by taxi truck. Rooms are spacious and clean, also very affordable. Breakfast is ok, not great. Beds very comfy. Free mini bar which I've never found anywhere else. Very affordable.

I don't think the word has gotten out as it hasn't been open very long. I stay there every time I go to Pattaya and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gunny49er
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Got the hotel for very cheap - approx 600THB/night for a deluxe room with included breakfast in August 2013.

The good points -
1. On the Baht bus route when you come from Suvaranabhoomi Airport bus
2. Cheap compared to other hotels in the vicinity and came with breakfast
3. In a quiet area
4. Very good sized rooms, the furniture/upholstery in the room was absolutely top notch

The negatives -
1. Did not find the decor to my taste, I mean I was expecting the bathroom to be tiled but it had only concrete/plastered walls.
2. Wash basin in the bedroom was a little wierd
3. Not exactly 5 minutes to the walking street, it's more like 12-15 mins walk to WS if you are not taking a baht bus

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rohits21
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A nice design hotel, with friendly and helpfull staff, small pool, near to restaurents 5 minuites to walking street, 5 minuites to pratamnak hill and beach, delux room was nice, depending how you feel about a gay friendly hotel, I stayed with my girlfriend and we had a good 5 day stay, would recomend hotel for couples, food not bad, but not good, plenty of better restaurents heading towards jomtien beach, would stay again.

Room Tip: The delux room was nice, view of a water feature or garden.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grant D
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My room had MANY mosquitoes in it when I checked in, so even though i was hot and tired, I waited in the hot courtyard for 30 minutes while they sprayed.

Once I returned to my room, within 10 minutes there were new mosquitoes in the room.

I went down and reported this the desk and got a lecture on keeping the windows and doors closed. It was 90+ F (33+C) that day, so this was just silly. Before bedtime I asked again about spraying and the guy at the desk laughed when I told him there were many mosquitoes in the room. (On his behalf, while this is unacceptable by western standard, I read that for Thai people this can reflect embarrassment.)

So my first night was spent swatting mosquitoes buzzing in my ears.

When I woke up the next morning, while sitting on the bed checking emails, I swatted and killed any mosquito passersby I could reach without getting up. (See photo.)

When I showed the photo to the front desk, they were properly appalled and went up with the cleaning lady to spray again. Unfortunately, the insects are getting into the room somehow and my second night was spent swatting mosquitoes.

I should have insisted on changing rooms the first night, but I thought spraying would help and then later I was too hot and tired to be bothered.

On the plus side, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast perfectly adequate, and other meals quite good with a nice price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo