“An Exquisite Dining Experience”
Review of Cafe des Amis

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #1 of 1,083 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$23 - US$63
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry No bookings by email, Please use the telephone. Choose from 2 sittings, 5.30pm until 8.30pm then 8.30pm until late. Elegant Dining, French and European cuisine. Pattaya's most varied world class selection of imported beef from Aus, USA, Japan. Snow fish, oysters lobster scallops, large wine list, well stocked bar with lounge, fine spirits, cocktails, the largest Gin selection in Thailand 70+ Gins, 25 Vodkas, 40 Whiskeys. Indoor and outdoor dining areas, Romantic restaurant. Perfect for a birthday anniversary or family celebration. Cafe des Amis is elegant but relaxed and not stuffy or posh. We are not perfect, we do not claim to be the best restaurant in town. We genuinely aspire to the challenges of keeping every customer happy and providing a high class eatery for the area. Our dress code is casual smart: please do not be scruffy or beach attire or football shirts. Smart Shorts and sandals are acceptable. Our garden terrace dining area is perfect for children to play and people who are under dressed for the main dining room. Please use Grab Taxi app, or Uber to get to us we are located 1km from Bali High pier, walking street. close to Pratumnak.
Reviewed 9 December 2017

My companion and I had a beautiful dinner at this restaurant last night and I wanted to share our experience. Cafe des Amis is quite a treat found in an unassuming location in Pattaya. Our cab driver had a bit of trouble finding the place but when we arrived we knew we would be in for a treat. It's tucked away in a jungle like environment adorned with beautiful lighting. Upon entry, we were warmly welcomed by the host who promptly seated us in the main dining room. Their choice of music was right along my tastes with the likes of Frank Sinatra and other suave talent from that era. Cafe des Amis boasts an extensive wine list as well as a shocking variety of gin (150) and vodkas (40+). I ordered the spicy shrimp on a bed of avocado salsa and my partner ordered crispy duck. Both appetizers were simply delicious. For his main course, he ordered the beef wellington and I ordered the grilled salmon supreme - and in his words the wellington was "superb". My salmon was cooked to perfection and was complemented well with beet and garlic potatoes. We skipped dessert because I am trying [for the third time this vacation] to eat sensibly so, unfortunately, I cannot comment on their dessert menu. The espresso, however, was good. Blu, the owner, was there and we chatted a bit. Very charming man who has found his home here in The Land of Smiles.

Bathroom facilities were immaculate. I think that is important to state as well.

If you are thinking of having dinner at this restaurant - you can stop thinking and just book the reservation. They deserve their high marks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The best resturaunt on the Eastern Seaboard. Everything about this place is superb. However, two amusing events: 1: The menu listed Chicken Provencal. The room captain returned reporting that the kitchen had the chicken but not the provencal! He then recommended the lamb which was providential as the lamb was spectacular and the presentation stunning. 2: The waiter brought the finger bowl at the end of the meal and abruptly removed it as if it did not belong there. So we washed our hands in the rest room. Other than these two quirks, the entire meal was regal.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

This was mine and my partners first visit to Cafe Des Amis and we were very impressed. For starter I had the crispy duck which was delicious and for the main I had a fillet steak, which was hands down the best steak I have EVER had, cooked to perfection and so tender! I opted for mini tasting dessert which was the perfect end to my meal with a mini selection of different desserts which is nice if you just can't pick which dessert you want the most! All of the staff were very friendly and attentive which is very important to me!

Our night at Cafe Des Amis was above and beyond expectation and I would highly recommend a visit as you will not be disappointed!

Thank you for a great night and we hope to be back!!

1  Thank Katie D
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Great place for that special occasion, fantastic bar with a great selection of Gins, quality food and wines with great service.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Great Ravioli, not a Greek salad and other dishes. The ambience was soft and elegant. We sat outside. The weather helped and created a great mood. We were celebrating my nephews certification as an Open Water Diver and this experience was pretty good. Highly recommended...