“very comfortable :)”

The Siam Guest House
Ranked #175 of 575 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have been travelling for years now and have been living in Thailand now on and off for 8 years.
The Siam Guesthouse was my first choice given it facilities and location. The staff are more than helpful and will use their own time to assist you.
The rooms are what you pay for as like any other hotel or guesthouse, they are very clean and well maintained. The Guesthouse is very well situated in the heart of Pattaya....bars and good restarants are within 2-3 minutes walk and Walking Street is just a 10 minute walk along the beach. If you don't fancy walking the Baht Buses do a loop around Pattaya for 10 Baht given whatever distance. to add to the location aspect in the evenings it is very quiet and there are very cheap laundry shops right outside the Guesthouse.
Myself and my wife visited Pattaya due to the floods in Bangkok and on the whole The Siam Guesthouse was very satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Globetrotterbkk26

Reviewed 26 November 2011

First they put me in a room that smelled like Mold++++so much..I had to ask to be moved. The lady who attempted to put in the room even brought a can of airspray with her to attempt to hide how bad it was when she walked me to the room...she could not. I immediately asked/demanded they give me another room. then they put me towards the back in a very dark terrible- depressing room. In another hour a generator belt started on the building next to my room...less than a meter away. LOUD LOUD LOUD++++..Squeeking noise. No one could tolerate..I mean NO one! Asked one more time to be moved, yet woman said the head lady..just left, "No can do". I was so upset+++ I went out and collected my laundry from across the street that was not even dry yet.to go far away****Never stay Siam Friendly Guesthouse this was the worst of all my experience...I mean ever. Looks Ok from outside of building--and a prison like atmosphere on inside...maybe, worse. Sorry, but that was my experience. Never again..If you go there after hearing this...you will be very sorry.
Never book through Agoda.com again for long term reservations.. as many hotels/guesthouses will put you in the worst rooms they have. Because they know!! there is nothing you can do about it. Siam is an (Unfriendly) Guest House in my opinion...Never Again.

Room Tip: Do NOT Stay here...you have been warned.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank tigergumby
SiamGuestHouse, General Manager at The Siam Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Having looked in to this matter and having considered more than 17 years of feedback, both, positive and negative from past guests; we disagree with this guest’s unpleasant assessment of the Siam Guest. However, we wish him well.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here for 500 Baht per night whilst doing a scuba course and this place was fine. Clean, quiet and relatively inexpensive. Location is good too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The siam guest house just took us by surprise when my wife and I checked in at around 2200hrs LT. This is a small guest house in the 2nd road in a quite soi and beleive me, I have rarely even seen a star hotel so clean and organised. Just on basis of an emai and NO DEPOSITE, you gotta believe, we had our room ready at that hour with a very very warm welcome by Mr. Tont... A special word of appreciation go to him for being so humble and courteous and helping. Ms Dee in day time was very good and helpful in getting our needs addresed like a car, taxi and other queries. Overall, This experience of Siam Guest house was just fantastic and we will surely come back to this place in all our visits.
Special Note- This is a very very secured place about 15-20 minutes walk from the happening Walking street and 5 minutes to the beach road. The room had a fridge, a tv, aircon that was perfectly maintained, free wi-fi and most importantly, very very clean linen and a clean bathroom Some might complain the room to be small but for couple like us, this was just perfect. I thank the SGH management for making our stay so comfortable and safe at Pattaya

Room Tip: For a fantastic BUFFET BREAKFAST, APEX HOTEL next door is a great choice for THB150.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RitwikK
SiamGuestHouse, Owner at The Siam Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

The management and staff of the Siam Guest House, thanks this guest for taking the time and effort to say the kind words about our guest house and our staff. Again, we thank you and your wife for being so kind.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Hi All, we stayed at SGH on 6th & 7th Aug-11 and we were 3 friends (paid 100Baht extra for accommodating my 3rd friend) and we instantly liked it. very very quiet, 50m away from the busy road, 7-10mins away from the Walking street and 2mins away from 7-11 store...Nice set of people at the reception, very helping and informative. I wanted to stay there for 2.5 days, so i found it extremely pleasant there. Could not use the wi-fi as my lappy was out of charge and we also had other activities through out the day to catch up with. Overall tremendous experience here, i would recommend it for people who are staying for less time and have activities planned thru out the day ! I would definitely make it there again if i visit Pattaya again :)

Room Tip: Carry your own power adapters to charge your electronic devices
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends