“Decent quality Indian food”

Rajputana Indian Restaurant
Ranked #777 of 1,268 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$8 - US$46
Description: Indian Restaurant with capacity more than 150 peoples to serve North & South Indian Food Opening Time 6:00am To 1:00am Everyday
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We were dubious about most indian we saw in Pattaya as the places always looked shabby, I believe if it’s shabby on the outside what must it be like inside it’s all about pride.
This was a smart looking eatery next to Pattaya night bazaar thought we would give it ago vey nice service from staff explained different dishes and then food came we we worried quality of chicken not as good as UK well I have to say it was excellent no complaints and reasonably priced.
Try the tikka masala nice dish.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Great menu lot of choices. Really good tasty food. And the employees are nice and good service. Plus great location

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The two waitresses we had at the beginning only spoke broken english. This led to a missunderstanding with the drinks we orderd, my girlfriend ordered Diet Coke and got tiger beer instead. This was, however, later corrected.

We both had different lamb curries, garlic naan and steamed rice.

I had the classic lamb curry, the sauce was very thin, almost watery. It tasted like it was made only from curry powder (and way too much of that). The lamb was partly okay, but not consistently so. Some pieces weren't tender enough and really stringy. Others had way too much fat in it (big chunks of fat). It was overshadowed by the bad taste of the curry.

The sauce my girlfriend got was better, not so watery, hot and still some discernible taste to it (can't remember the name). The lamb in her curry was a disaster. Every piece was at least 1/3 fat and pretty tough.

The garlic Naan was good but that doesn't save a meal when the curry is bad.

We both felt slightly nauseous after leaving.

With close to a thousand baht for two people this was the one of the most expensive and definitely the worst meal we had in pattaya. There are at least four other Indians in the close vicinity, I suggest you try your luck with them.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

After recognising a very strong Indian presence in Pattaya, we decided to eat Indian for a change. Of the wide selection in this area, this one looked nice from the outside. Good selection of varied meals on a colourful menu, restaurant looked clean and bright, and staff at the door were friendly and keen to get you inside.
Don't be fooled by any of this. I am not convinced that the chefs in this restaurant have ever seen an Indian meal never mind been taught the cooking style. Ordering a Lamb bhuna, I was given some dry, gristly meat on a plate with no bhuna gravy. When I asked for the Bhuna sauce the staff just pointed at the plate. My scottish accent can be difficult to understand but they clearly understood I was looking for the rest of my meal and explained this was it.
When an Indian restaurant doesn't understand what a Bhuna should look like, they are in the wrong business. The images on the menu look nothing like what you will receive on your plate and have clearly been taken from elsewhere. (I note now from other reviews the owners are believed to be neither Indian nor Thai). Using the toilet finished the experience for me - dirty, no toilet paper, no soap. I can only hope the staff had their own supply of soap somewhere or the hygiene of the establishment is very questionable.
Not only would I not go back, I would actively discourage friends and other travellers from spending any time here. Staff were pleasant enough but food and cleanliness were a terrible letdown. All those 5-star reviews are very interesting... I'd love to have seen their dishes.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017

There is a row of Indian restaurants (of varying quality) on Pattaya's Second Road, opposite the Central Festival mall, but Rajputana is quite exceptional. Barely a few months old, this restaurant has a huge menu - half in green to denote vegetarian and half in red for non veggie dishes. There is an almost endless choice of starters - we tried aloo chat and aloo tiki both very tasty with the right hint of spice - and the mains are just as good - whatever you choose. Portions are generous and prices, although not cheap, are fair for this superior quality. We were there twice at lunchtime, a quiet period, and the waitresses, though pleasant, did not have much English. The restaurant is squeaky clean and quite lavishly set out. A must-see for Pattaya lovers of Indian cuisine.

Date of visit: July 2017