1,058 results
All reviews chic tower sea view walking street new tower beach facing superior room swimming pool nice hotel higher floor excellent location indian food tuk tuk booked this hotel rooms are big stayed nights breakfast buffet mini bar
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Coming to Pattaya after almost 30 years, we realized that nothing has really changed. We were looking for a hotel with reasonable prices at the beach road and eventually found the Discovery Beach Hotel which was satisfying considering the price we paid. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and extraordinary large and the best was the view from our balcony which we really enjoyed day and night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony and view to the bay.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joachim H
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is my third trip to Thailand, second to Pattaya, and first time staying at Discovery Beach Hotel, therefore I viewed the exterior of the hotel on a previous trip and viewed the photos of the hotel online.

My Initial Impressions:
Exterior/Entrance . . . seen before!
The Lobby: Nice and Clean
The Room (Chic Tower Room 9033): WOW, this room is twice the size that I anticipated and it is incredible!

Let's talk about the Positives:

Staff: Very Friendly, EVERY time I entered and exited the hotel, the Front Desk greeting me with a Smile and Hello in Thai Sawadikap (Male) or Sawadee ka (female). All Hotel and and security greeted me the same.

Front Desk Responding to Questions/Problems: Within 10 minutes of arriving at my room, I called the Front Desk regarding how to work the facet, and within 60 seconds, I heard a knock at my door . . . resolved.

The Room: It's color designed exactly like the hotel photos, except, the room is very spacious with a large bed, safe, mini-fridge, and other items (in this high humidity environment, you receive 2 bottles of water daily complimentary). The Bathroom is equivalently spacious with a view of the living area. No problems with the free Wi-Fi, and air-conditioner . . . getting hot water in the shower required running the water for about 10 minutes, but that was a minor item. Room 9033 had a view of the ocean and sunsets.

Breakfast: Not only do they have a variety of choices, as the tray of Pastry A is consumed, they replace it was a tray of Pastry B . . . within a 30 minute period, the pastry was changed 3 times. The size of this Second Floor Breakfast Dining area did not require any waiting for available tables during the 7 days that I had breakfast. Note, if you don't pre-purchase the Breakfast Buffet, you can buy it each day that you have breakfast at approximately the same cost as pre-purchasing.

Hotel Location: Great location - approximately 1 block from the beach, Central Festival Mall (major mall, restaurants, shopping, supermarket) in one direction, and the Central Marina Mall (smaller mall, but has Big C Supermarket). There are various restaurants within 2 blocks of the hotel. Adjacent Soi 6/1 and Soi 6 contains various bars that are ideal for people watched. To experience the famous Walking Street, its advised to use public transportation (taxis, buses, etc.) . . . I walked (about 1.6 miles each way).

Value: After selecting this hotel, the decision was to stay in the older building or the newer Chic Towel . . . is the Chic Towel worth the money . . . I selected the Chic Towel . . . if you stay in the older building, you must walk outside to the Chic Towel, where the Breakfast Buffet is located (expect high humidity or rain) . . .

Now, the negatives . . . other than running the water for about 10 minutes to get hot water, I did not experience any negatives.

Note: Single Travelers, Couples, and Families where staying at the hotel during my week through Christmas.

My future stays will be in the Chic Tower at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank VacationerCritic
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I have been to Pattaya several times and stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel however this time thought I would have a change wish I never did. On arrival the receptionist was not very welcoming and told me nothing about the facilities where breakfast is located etc etc. The gym was in a very poor state rusty weights, old machines and no staff in sight, pools are very small and shallow and when I asked for service by the pool I waited for over 15 minutes but still no one came. On my last day I ordered a vegetarian pizza from room service I ended up with severe food poisoning I was throwing up at 1am the night before my flight and had severe diareah. I rang reception in the morning to collect my case as I had no energy due to the vomiting and diareah no one came to help. I made my way down to reception slowly and in a lot of pain explained to the receptionist what had happened and the night I had due to the pizza, she didn't even comment she prepared my bill and asked me to pay. I said I shouldn't be charged for the pizza it's the least the hotel could do she didn't even comment I was so poorly I could hardly stand I just paid and left. I asked her for medication such as Immodium and Dhralyte as it was 7am and the pharmacy would not be open she said she couldn't help me.

On another note one evening I asked for extra ice bucket the hotel refused and said I would have to pay. I explained that the one they gave me earlier I had accidentally dropped on the floor and therefore it was not an unreasonable request but the hotel just kept saying they won't give me anymore ice unless I pay for it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone the whole experience was the worst I've experienced in all the years of travelling. I would rate this a 2 star hotel !!!!!!! Don't stay here it will be a nightmare.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ram19722017
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the better place which was not great. The breakfast buffet is the only good thing. The rooms were clean but basic. The staff were unfriendly and quite sour. There was a massive noise on the Monday night from the outside party until 2 am. Although the beach is nearby, the place is unsavory and I would not recommend it for business. The gym is open from 7 to 7 and so not convenient for business travelers.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location just few metres from beach. Has a very good decent spa just outside reasonably priced. Evenings Street market will offer good products. And good eating joints in vicinity.
Breakfast has good spread but it was in other building other than in which we were.
Our room had good beach view.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family