“A most pleasent place”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This resturant is out of the way but dining there is a lovely eperience.
It is one of the nicest Thai eateries I've been to in Samui (been here twice during my holiday) and for a relatively cheap resturant, it's highly recommended

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Jin's restaurant and bar is amazing, the food was always very good and Jin is very friendly and a very good cook! She speaks a little bit german and if you are interested in, she can teach you a little bit Thai as well! She also has an laundry service and she picks you up from your hotel and brings you to the airport if you like! (She has a perfect timing, she was even 5 minutes early to the time we arranged). Like everywhere in Asia there are one dog and one cat living but like the rest of the restaurant the animals are super clean!
We went there almost every evening for one week! I can definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Lured by dozens of good reviews and nice location on the Maenam beach, I wanted to try out Jin's cooking for a long time while I stay on Samui. Now I have had a chance once and I will never come back. Why?
I ordered the green curry (it's a classic Thai dish hard to spoil) and it really turned out one of worst green curry I have tried in Thailand. Over-sweetened coconut bullion, half of classic green curry components missing. But even this was not the worst... After trying the taste and even continuing to eat it (yes I was hungry!), I found two (!) human hairs (!!!) in the bowel - so disgusting! A big shame for this and not worth any more than 2 star rating. The only positive thing is the seaside location and that the guys running the bar acted friendly. But being friendly does not mean you can drop your hair in the customer's plate!

4  Thank ilyaole
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We have eaten here on all of our four visits to Koh Samui. The restaurant has been closed but has re-opened under the care of Jin's brother. The staff are very fiendly and the food is exceptional. Just a 100m walk along the beach from Paradise Beach Resort and other Mae Nam Resorts. As they are just starting out some drinks may not be available.This will soon change once diners know about this fantastic place to eat. Give them a go, and you will enjoy.

1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Authentic Thai food in a beautiful setting. Charming venue and very tasty food. Best tomyam I have had so far in Samui. Totally enchanted by our lunch and kids loved it too. In addition there is a tree with a giant swing for kids to play while waiting