“Excellent Singaporean Chinese restaurant at moderate prices”

Passionate Chiang Mai
Ranked #269 of 2,730 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Singaporean
Description: Passionate Chiang Mai is an established Asian Fusion restaurant with a varied selection of authentic meals, offering a wide range of choice for our customers. Our cooking styles include Chinese (Cantonese), Singaporean (including our famous Singaporean Chilli Crab), and Thai dishes, allowing something for every taste preference. We invite you to come visit Passionate Chiang Mai and our friendly staff to "romance your tastebuds", and find out why people are coming back again and again. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 15 October 2018

My wife and I went there yesterday for lunch. We had the fried calamari with Thai Chili, which was excellent. We then had the fried fish with sweet and sour sauce which was also excellent and fried egg rice. The total was around $25 total, which is a little on the high side for Chiang Mai, but nonetheless worth the price. We looked at the chili and black pepper crab dishes, but thought they were too expensive, though I love both. Overall, an excellent experience with excellent service.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Hi folks it’s Johno. We only came to this restaurant for lunch because we were attending a studio next door. Overall everything was good service was good the food was good pricing was okay as well. I can’t remember what we had but like I said everything was just average and there’s really nothing more to this review.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Chinese restaurant, with familiar flavor from China. I would be sure they use fish oil or weijixian , some ingredient that every Chinese restaurant may use in China to provoke ultra good flavor other than the main ingredient. The level of this restaurant is just similar to thousands of Chinese restaurants in China

Date of visit: August 2018
David M, Consultant at Passionate Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hello, sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant wasn't to your personal expectations. However, the owners take pride that they never use any weijixian in any of their cooking, and I would respectfully suggest that you please be careful when making this public accusation as is completely untrue.

The restaurant however uses traditional family recipies and traditional long cook methods to infuse "ultra good flavour" into their dishes which may have led to your misconception. We wish you the best on your culinary searches :-)

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My first time there, but I was treated like a queen - all specifics such as no chili were answered - and it was TRUE Asian food, true Asian style. The table was COVERED in amazing dishes - and they kept coming, a delight of flavors and sharing. The staff - well, it’s all family and you truly feel pampered and welcome. After 6 years in CM, I realize it has not happened that often. Also, I would recommend few purely Asian restaurants (because of my food requirements) but this one - YES!! Go for it! You wont be sorry!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t remember what I ordered but I know as well that it’s Thai food only and hard to remember name of Thai foods haha. They are really amazing and no need for any deep word. “AMAZING”, it suits you already! Cheers!

I love your heaven ~