All reviews main building old wing night bazaar living room old city per night free wifi iced coffee swimming pool hotel service hotel room breakfast buffet lounge area nice pool comfy bed rooms are big gym
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This hotel itself was ok. We stayed in the old wing and it could do with an upgrade but it was good value for money. You get a free minibar everyday and free wi-fi. Breakfast was good and had a lot of variety. The staff were all very nice and helpful. The hotel is close to the main street and only takes about 2min to walk.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We had a deal through a holiday club for the week we stayed at Maninarakorn hotel, which was quite cheap. If i had paid full price I may have been a little upset. The room in the old wing (no elevator) was large and clean, but the bathroom if we would have been taller would have been a problem, not to mention, while sitting on the toilet your feet were either on the shower hob or in the shower. The bathroom was so small compared to the rest of the suite.
The bed was very hard and television was tiny in the bedroom. We had a living room with a very comfortable lounge but no television, which had an outlet, but no television. We had a mini bar with complimentary whatever (not much). We had a view of a tree which probably was good in this hotel. (this was a suite). Did I mention great location. Walking distance to old city etc.
The staff were mostly very friendly except for one egg chef who was quite rude, (they change their egg chef daily) breakfast very good. Other staff particularly the traffic director at the front of the building were very good to excellent, always attentive to our needs and where we were going if we needed assistance.
question: Would I stay there again? Yes in the new part of the hotel as this hotel is well positioned between the night markets and the old city.
Oh bye the way one last thing if there are any door handles missing off your wardrobe or anything please report immediatley as they will accuse you of stealing them. (right)!!!!!

Room Tip: Try the new part of the hotel not the wings.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel is not 5 star it is 3 at best. We got a great deal one week for $99 AUD so I cant be to negative. The room was huge the bed hard and the bathroom well lets not go there a 1 out of 10. Breaky was very good with something for everyone. The night manager was lazy and could not give a stuff when I complained my wifi in the room was not working he simply told me he was not an engineer. Postion was fanastic and i mean fantasic .Would stay there again if I got a deal but would be reluctant to pay full price.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the new section. It is a well postioned hotel and worth giving it a go.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Livinlife61
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The images online of this hotel make it look more elegant than it really is. We booked a room and were given a room not in the main building but in a building across the parking lot and on the 3rd floor (with no elevator). There was no view in this original room. I had a sprained ankle and couldn't do the stairs so we asked for a room in the main building (where the front desk is located and has an elevator). We were charged an additional fee for this new room but it still didn't look like the pictures. The mattress was hard as a rock- the view was a little better of Chiang Mai. It was close to the night bazaar but not close enough for someone with a bad ankle. They did try hard to give perks- like a free drink a day at the bar (but for coffee or tea). I guess the fact that they had free wifi made it one of the better hotels that we stayed in Thailand. It wasn't super special or anything. Make sure if you stay here you take the front desk cards with the name/address/and map of the hotel on it as I still have no idea how to correctly pronounce it's name.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I assume a lot of online hotel reviews are fake, but this is real. My name is Paul, I live in Atlanta, and in December 2012 my wife and I had to check out of this hotel at night and find another hotel. We found our bathroom overrun with ants, and the people at the front desk refused to waive the fee to move us to a different building (they were willing to reduce the fee but not waive it).

I consider myself a laid back guy, and when I travel I always do my best to not sweat the small stuff. When my wife pointed out some issues with our room - a very squeaky bed, stains on the walls, and the towel rack fell out of wall, so we had to put our towels on the couch - I laughed them off. But when we found the bathroom and all our toiletries crawling with ants, that was more than I could handle. Ask yourself how you'd respond if you found ants all over the bathroom, and staff were not willing to be helpful or flexible.

I would not recommend this hotel, and I will go one step further and look into reporting this hotel to whatever the relevant government oversight organization is. Hotels don't have to be luxurious, but there are basic maintenance steps that should be taken, and this hotel isn't following them.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple