All reviews old wing night bazaar living room old city per night free wifi iced coffee swimming pool hotel service hotel room breakfast buffet lounge area nice pool comfy bed rooms are big tuk tuk gym
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel is not 5 star it is 3 at best. We got a great deal one week for $99 AUD so I cant be to negative. The room was huge the bed hard and the bathroom well lets not go there a 1 out of 10. Breaky was very good with something for everyone. The night manager was lazy and could not give a stuff when I complained my wifi in the room was not working he simply told me he was not an engineer. Postion was fanastic and i mean fantasic .Would stay there again if I got a deal but would be reluctant to pay full price.

Room tip: Try and get a room in the new section. It is a well postioned hotel and worth giving it a go.
Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Livinlife61
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The images online of this hotel make it look more elegant than it really is. We booked a room and were given a room not in the main building but in a building across the parking lot and on the 3rd floor (with no elevator). There was no view in this original room. I had a sprained ankle and couldn't do the stairs so we asked for a room in the main building (where the front desk is located and has an elevator). We were charged an additional fee for this new room but it still didn't look like the pictures. The mattress was hard as a rock- the view was a little better of Chiang Mai. It was close to the night bazaar but not close enough for someone with a bad ankle. They did try hard to give perks- like a free drink a day at the bar (but for coffee or tea). I guess the fact that they had free wifi made it one of the better hotels that we stayed in Thailand. It wasn't super special or anything. Make sure if you stay here you take the front desk cards with the name/address/and map of the hotel on it as I still have no idea how to correctly pronounce it's name.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I assume a lot of online hotel reviews are fake, but this is real. My name is Paul, I live in Atlanta, and in December 2012 my wife and I had to check out of this hotel at night and find another hotel. We found our bathroom overrun with ants, and the people at the front desk refused to waive the fee to move us to a different building (they were willing to reduce the fee but not waive it).

I consider myself a laid back guy, and when I travel I always do my best to not sweat the small stuff. When my wife pointed out some issues with our room - a very squeaky bed, stains on the walls, and the towel rack fell out of wall, so we had to put our towels on the couch - I laughed them off. But when we found the bathroom and all our toiletries crawling with ants, that was more than I could handle. Ask yourself how you'd respond if you found ants all over the bathroom, and staff were not willing to be helpful or flexible.

I would not recommend this hotel, and I will go one step further and look into reporting this hotel to whatever the relevant government oversight organization is. Hotels don't have to be luxurious, but there are basic maintenance steps that should be taken, and this hotel isn't following them.

4  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I like this hotel. I've stayed here a few times, in both the wings and the main building. It's very competitive with other hotels in the price range. You get a decent location, free wifi (reached our room), and a decent breakfast. I guess you even get some free minibar items now. I think that some of the more negative reviews could have been avoided if they read the previous reviews and knew the following things:

1) it's not a 5-star hotel, so you have to temper your expectations. If you want a big pool or a luxurious bed, try the Le Meridien or whatever. Of course, you'll pay a lot more.

2) You can choose between the residences (the wings) and the main building. The rooms in the main building are smaller, but are newer (have an elevator) and more attractive and have a view. The wings are much bigger (suites, really) and a bit less expensive, but older (no elevator); and if you're above about 5'9" you will probably bonk your head going into the bathroom...expect it. Make the smart choice for your personality.

3) The location is quite acceptable but not great. You can walk to most places. Or you can take the red songtaew bus for 20 baht per person (that's the fixed price in the city, although if you ask the price they might quote you higher...so don't ask, just see if they are going where you're going). There's a free shuttle to/from the big Airport Plaza shopping mall you can pick up at the Imperial Mae Ping hotel nearby (but be warned it takes a circuitous route). There's a "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant across the street where you can get a delicious dish and a drink for $2 total.

I stay here when I want to save a little money.

Room tip: Choose the main building if you want a nice room or if you're tall. Choose the wings/residences if you want a big room.
1  Thank Eric R
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We took time to pick a hotel and did so for the reviews an by haven a pool, the pool has 4 sun beds for the whole of this hotel! The pool is so so small 4 people in would over crowd it! The pictures they show you are not the room we got and after explaining this was wrong advertising! I new there was no lifts and this was not a problem it was the height and I don't know how many times I banged my head( yes I am 6/4) but still was a nuisance. As for room was big and for the price was not bad. The bed made a notice every time I moved and had a very small tv not like the one they show you ? Bathroom was a joke very poor shower and with no shower curtain water went everywhere and made this a very wet and slippery bathroom and a very low bathroom door which again banged my head. So if you are think of this hotel I would look again for there is so many better and far cheaper than this one!!
As for WiFi it is just about impossible to get from your room unless you sit right at the window!!

Room tip: Do not book the cheaper rooms for the service is poor and they just do not want to no and everything else you have to pay for like a coffee or a tea
Date of stay: January 2013