See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2015

Nothing wrong with the place pretty quiet can come and go as you please/do your own thing. Can find better value if you look around a bit....good wifi take a room down the back. Reception only open sometimes but can go down the road apparently if need something

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank kiwigazza
Reviewed 20 February 2015

I am waffling between a 2 and 3 rating as I write this review. There is so little to rave about but with very low expectations of a $16 room, there's also little to complain about.

The positives here are location, quiet, price, it's leaning toward being clean, and I have seen worse but that place was $8.52.

The negatives: towels have holes the size of a child's head, no amenities whatsoever (water, hot water, a smile at the front desk), internet so weak my iPad couldn't even find it from my room on the 3rd floor or even on the balcony even though I could access the hotel down the block just fine.

Wish I could grant a 2.25 score. We have only 1 other Chiang Mai hotel to compare it to and it is just slightly better than the $8 room. Oh decisions, decisions....

Here you go, T-Room, we will be generous and grant you a "meh" bland beige 3 score. I also want to leave you with a message. IF you want to improve, you can. Don't make guests feel like they are interrupting your day. Just smile at us sometimes. Add a coffee and tea service and a plate of fresh fruit. Buy some new towels. Simply care about your business and your guests. If you do those things, I will bet you can charge a lot more and have a full hotel all the time. People will be clamoring to get a room. Why do I know this? Here's why...the competition for the worst hotel in Chiang Mai is a busy contest. Few are trying to be great. With your location and your pretty green building you have the potential to be great. If you try a little, you could thrive.

Room Tip: Wifi is really weak on the 3rd floor. Our iPad couldn't even find the hotel's internet from there.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheMcNomads
Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

This G.H. is great for the price. For about 350 baht I have a room with fan, tv and terrace.
Someone complained that there where no towels in the room. I wonder if that person cared to open the drawer?

The manager was not around upon check in. But we called him and he came over in 2 minutes.

I never expect much from a budget place. And this place has all I expect. A plus is hot shower which isn't always the case.

For the naysayers I would like to say: Get over it. Any room below 400 baht is cheap. The old town is a complete tourist zone and prices have gone up the last 8 years - which makes sense since the whole town is more developped and has way more tourists today. If 300-400 bt is too much then I would recommend a dorm.. You will not get a palace for those baht anymore. Things have changed.

All in all. I enjoy the place. Fresh air and quiet. Very basic but that should be expected.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jens R
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Not the best place but it's cheap and a place to rest the head. Typical Thai bed (hard). Bathroom not the nicest but water was warm. Location was great, walking distance to many restaurants and coffee shops. Would try another guesthouse before returning to this one.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2015 via mobile

Upon arrival the man greeted me as if to do my check in as he was leaving. the first night we noticed that the mattress is with a broken springs and was difficult to sleep. My girlfriend had to sleep in my bed all night. (Were two single beds pushed together).when we wake up we talked to the same guy who had received us without a smile and told the problem,he informed us that the exchange Room should be made immediately but we Booked a tour and we would lose it if we had to gather all our things. He informed us that the room would be busy in the afternoon. Giving the option,we chose not to miss the tour and stay two more nights sleeping two in a single bed because we already had pay. Then I was thinking that if we decided to change rooms the room with the bad bed would be given to someone else without any problems.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends