De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$144
US$97
US$112
US$94
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$98
US$86
US$74
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$179
US$114
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$31
The Balcony Chiang Mai Village(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$44
Hotels.com
US$305
US$210
US$425
US$251
All reviewsvegan foodold cityhuge lockersmueslidorm roombanana pancakessmall poolshower gelnoodle souphomemade jamscomfortable bedsthe entire staffkhao soitop floordrinking waterwalking distancedoi suthep
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I always like to stay in pretty luxurious places when I travel abroad, so when my friend suggested Green Tiger I was a little skeptical. Boy, I could have not been more wrong in my life! This place had the best service we received in Thailand, hands down! The staff went out of their way to be kind and research any needs we may have. They literally researched so many random requests I had (i.e. where to get birthday balloons, directions to a flower market, etc., arrangements for Doi Suthep, etc.)

They have breakfast included everyday which was seriously very good. People say the food for lunch, etc. is also very good at the restaurant but we never got to try it. They also provide bug spray and creams so you can spray at all times. The rooms are basic and not trendy/modern but they are very clean and spacious.

The only downside I can think of is that there are a lot of bugs…. but it is Thailand after all.

Overall, if you are in Thailand, I would definitely recommend! It is a tremendous value…there’s a reason why they have 5 stars!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonia M
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Green tiger house is very well located in the old town of Chiang Mai.
For the price that you pay the rooms are a generous size, clean and comfortable.
The bathroom is lovely and they supply shampoo etc.
The air conditioning was great and they provided free water every day.
The staff are very friendly and are happy to book tours and excursions!
The breakfast is amazing! They provide a wide variety of western/ Asian choices and they’re all delicious.
I actually stumbled across the cafe when I was backpacking as they cater for vegans and all of the food was delicious! I loved it so much that I wanted to stay at this hotel when returning to Chiang Mai with a friend for our holiday.
Our only one suggestion for improvement is the hairdryer as this was very weak and is something that could be easier fixed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Sitting here months later reminiscing, we realized we never rated our stay at Green Tiger. Amazing (and cheap) food, great accommodations, friendly staff, perfect location, and a relaxing ambiance. One of the staff members even made me homemade ginger tea at 3 in the morning when I couldn’t sleep because of a sore throat. Everything about the place made us want to move in and stay forever and we keep wishing we were back there eating the delicious food and relaxing in the garden. Even the beautiful accommodations we stayed in during our time in the islands couldn’t match what Green Tiger had offered. Downside is you won’t want to leave the hotel to explore Chiang Mai. We also want to give a shout out to the cooking class next door.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna S
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I'm not sure what else I can add- all of these five star reviews speak for themselves! But, I"ll try. I spent four days in Chiang Mai as a solo female traveler and was thrilled with my stay at Green Tiger. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly, and the location close to both the old city and the main road. Hero the cat is wonderful. Oh, and the food was delicious!! Try the khao soi (northern Thai noodle soup) and the veggie burger. I should have asked the staff for their veggie burger recipe - it's one of the best i've ever had.

Tip: they book up reasonably far in advance, so don't wait until the last minute.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My overall experience at Green Tiger House was excellent. By western standards, this hotel would be a 3.5 star hotel.

Prior to arriving, I made a few requests. Green Tiger was quick in their responses to me.

The front desk staff spoke English well. They were professional, courteous, and friendly. They were able to get me into my room early.

There is no elevator. I think there were some rooms on the main floor for people with mobility issues, but I don't think they are wheelchair accessible  They have a suitcase elevator, so you don't have to drag your bags up the staircase.

My room (403) was spacious and immaculately clean. There was a small window, TV, very good air conditioning (it was easy to use, but it does blow directly onto the bed; I didn't have a problem with this because the fan speed was easily adjustable), small fridge, safe, closet, two small stools. The bedside had electrical plug-ins for my electronics. There were no pictures or paintings on the wall, the decor was minimalist. The room wasn't as welcoming as the photos on their website, but it was a comfortable room.

The bathroom had a shower only, with an adjustable height handheld shower head. Water pressure was excellent, but the water drained slowly. There was a small shelf above the sink for toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrush, hand soap, and shower caps were provided. Lotion was not provided, nor did they have face cloths.

The restaurant servers spoke English well. The breakfast was delicious. Their options are vegetarian, with many vegan options. There were three courses -coffee and toast, and then muesli or yogurt and fruit, and then various options for the main like eggs, pancakes, noodles, etc.

There's a very small pool right off reception, and quiet lounge on the rooftop with a nice view of a nearby temple.

The area around the green tiger was quiet. I heard mostly dogs barking, and birds chirping. It was a quick few minutes walk to the main street, and maybe about 30 minute walk to the Tha Phae Gate.

I would stay here again, and recommend you do too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo