“Charming & Peaceful Hotel”

RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort
Ranked #33 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We had a lovely relaxing stay at this hotel where it seemed like we were the only people there. Check in was quick and we were shown around the hotel and up to our rooms. The design of the hotel has been done really well and you feel like you are a world away from anywhere. The rooms also had a lovely balcony where you could lay out and relax. My one criticism is that the beds are very hard! The hotel has a small open air gym, a good size swimming pool and a common lounge area with DVD's available to borrow and take back to your room. There is also a computer in this room and free Wifi is availavle throughout the hotel.

We were told that everyone who stays at the hotel is entitled to a complimnentary session with a doctor so we went to check it out. The doctor reads your aura (something I would usually be dubious about) however, his comments about our lifestyle were very accurate! We had the Elements of Life package at the spa which was fabulous and very relaxing.

The breakfast at the restaurant was ok, although not the best I have ever had. We did however enjoy dinner there, sat next to the river. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the night market however the hotel does offer a free shuttle and tuk tuks and taxis are very cheap. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina B
There are newer reviews for RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort

Reviewed 1 August 2010

Rarinjinda wellness spa resort caught my eye after a search through the many resorts in chiang mai. The trip exceed my expectation as chiang mai and rarinjinda has so much to offer for my little time. I enjoyed the elephant riding, doi suthep visit, khantoke dinner, weekend walking street etc. As for rarinjinda, I like the wellness consultation with the indian doctor and the many spa treatments I've tried. Hydrotherapy pool was definitely my favourite. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast and dinner at Deck1, the hotel's riverside restaurant, were superb.

Truly enjoy myself and definitely has no doubt why chiang mai is a must-visit

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was such a wonderful hotel. Our room was stunning, well decorated, immaculately clean and spacious. The staff were very friendly, always smiling and saying hello. I would recommend a stay to all.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I just came back from a week leave in chiang mai, thailand and it was a wonderful retreat. I chose Rarinjinda as a place to stay as it has been recommended by my best friend who stayed there last year. As there were riots in bangkok and other cities, I decide to opt to chiang mai, a beautifiul city in the north with lots of culture. In terms of the hotel, it was very peaceful and cosy, perfect for my one week getaway from my stressful job at home. The city was quiet, given the situation. The hotel was a bit empty but that was good for me as the pool and the other facilities were readily available for my pleasure. The spa treatment was world class with wide range of treatments to try it out. I felt very pampered. The food was also good. After rarinjinda, I'm now relaxed and refresh.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2010

My wife and I had a very relaxing time during our 3 nights stay. The hotel is absolutely beautiful!! Also,very clean, very well looked after with every little detail is thought out meticulously! The location of the hotel is a little off the city centre but just a short tuktuk ride to the main street and opposite to the beautiful Ping river, so not all bad!! I must say it is a charming hotel with relaxing asmosphere, the best point is there is nothing lovelier than having breakfast in the morning while watching the water in Ping river run through. That was wonderful. Good to start the day like that. Very friendly and helpful English speaking staff. Room was very spacious with all the amenities you expect from a high end place. Spa treatment choices were not as many as a pure Spa place, but my wife had a lovely Spa treatment nonetheless. Pool ambiance was very nice even though we didn't try out . Interior decor was excellent too. Overall hotel environment are simple and family oriented. Of course i have plans to go back again with the whole family and have a new experience at this hotel again on the nearest future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple