Review Highlights
A Must Do for visitors to Chiang Mai

Elephant Nature Park is an amazing, vast ethical park that is home to over 4000 animals - all of... read more

Reviewed 19 February 2021
susan f
via mobile
Best ethical day out possible

The best way possible to interact with elephants. These are not wild elephants so it is possible to... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2020

from US$92.03
from US$56.64
from US$32.83
11,229 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures watermelon overnight stay life changing experience asian elephants these gentle giants elephant experience money goes
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2020

Amazing lifetime experience where the elephants decide what they want to do and how much time they want to spend with you. Respectful of elephants, the other animals on site, people and culture. Wonderful to experience as a family.

3  Thank AOLAsia18
Reviewed 16 January 2020 via mobile

There are other good sanctuaries to visit, but ENP is the mother of them all. 84 elephants, amazing food, amazing people. The atmosphere there is so loving and they truly treat the animals with respect and love.

I stayed for 1 week and you also have the option to spend some days (partial or full) with the dogs. I recommend that too because they are doing great work! The accommodations are pretty close to glamping, but you get the best view and sounds:elephants and dogs walking by, elephants playing in the river.

They’ve truly created a safe haven for these injured elephants. If you’re looking for a NO RIDING, ethical elephant experience ENP is a good choice. Their website can also guide you to other sanctuaries they have helped guide towards an ethical experience for you and the elephants.

10+ stars for ENP

2  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 15 January 2020

We had a great day visiting this elephant sanctuary. I think the price is a little high, but keep in mind you are supporting a great cause. I would have been happy to walk around just for a couple of hours and head to Chiang Mai instead of doing the whole day thing. Although it was nice to see the elephants, it was a little too long for me; I recommend doing a half-day tour. I do believe they are doing a great job taking care of the elephants and other animals in this sanctuary (dogs, cats and water buffalos) , and that is what I truly care about. If your motivation for taking this tour in to cuddle the elephants and to bathe with them or even ride them, this is not the right tour for you. (FYI ridding elephants is unethical, and they endure severe cruelty at such places.) You are allowed to pet them gently and feed them, but there is no bathing with the elephants (as in getting in the water with them) You get to see them get in the river as they bathe by themselves, but visitors are not allowed in the river with the elephants. Many of the elephants you will see have been rescued from the tourism elephant trade, some are elderly, some are blind, and some have stepped on land mines. Hearing about their stories was heartwarming. This is a great place to support.

3  Thank Urbarn-Explorer
Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

I been today and must say had to best time , they have a baby elephant he so playfull. This trip is a must, it's in the jingle , you cant ride as they in nature environment. Which I loved , you get the bath them too.

Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

Chiang mai is full of animal encounters. I spent a very long time researching the most ethical way to interact with the animals and also something which would help promote a more ethical animal tourism.

I found elephant nature park and booked onto one of their saddle off initiatives.

It was a fantastic experience from start to finish.
Picked up from our hotel and taken direct to our location. 7 of us spent the day with 3 elephants who were now retired from riding logging and circus acts.

It was amazing to spend time and be in their presence as they went about just being elephants! Which includes eating a lot!!
We had a great guide called bancha who was very knowledgeable about the elephants and the nature park.
The family who owned the elephants were so welcoming and friendly. They tought us how to make pad thai and we had a great lunch.
After some more time with the elephants we had a fun white water raft ride down to the bus to take us directly back to our hotel.

Great day and great experience.

1  Thank Companion568856