“Delicious, Comfortable, Western Food”

The Larder Cafe and Bar
Ranked #16 of 249 Coffee & Tea in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Thai, Australian, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This is your spot when you're ready for a break from Thai food. Delicious breakfast or lunch with fresh, quality ingredients. Whether it's the eggs, tomatoes, and sausage or the salads - you're in for a treat.

4  Thank Never_Easy_to_Please

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Great place for breakfast. Food was delicious and the staff very friendly. This place is one of the best places we ate at during our 3 week stsy in CM.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for breakfast today and the waitress with the tattoos and short silver/purple hair was so horrible to us. My boyfriend has celiac disease (allergic to wheat), which means he can end up hospitalized if he eats any wheat based foods. I suggested this place because they claimed to accommodate food allergies.

The only thing on the menu he could eat were the eggs and potato wedges. We explained his allergy to this waitress and she assured us the potatoes were safe to eat. We waited a good 30 mins for our food. His potatoes clearly had a flour batter on them. The waitress put them down and walked away. We called her back over and she reluctantly admitted they had a batter on them. My boyfriend politely asked just for the chorizo and eggs.

Another 10 mins later she comes out and says the chorizo has wheat filler in it (gross). He asks just for scrambled eggs. Another 10 mins pass before she comes out to tell us the scrambled egg mix is a pre-made and has cream in it (what? How is this fresh??) he can't have milk either and just asks for sunny-side up eggs and she looks annoyed and says ok.

I'm not even kidding, it took them 20 mins to come out with two eggs. It's took almost an hour and fifteen minutes to get two cooked eggs. I was furious.

The waitress gave him food he was allergic to, acted annoyed to accommodate us, didn't come back and fix the problem quickly and then charged us almost 100 baht for two eggs. No apologizes, just give us your money.

I live in Chiang Mai and am going to tell all of my friends to not go here. They just want westerners money and so put up a facade that they make organic food that accommodates all people. Lies.

38  Thank Brittnee A
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Small cafe with fresh food and nice services. :)

5-6 tables at indoor area; 3-5 tables at outdoor area.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Me my Thai girlfriend came to eat breakfast I order eggs with whole wheat toast the waitress reply we didn't get whole wheat today ,can I give you instead rye bread I said okay . In the end I got white bread.
I saw on the menu they have avocado
She went to the kitchen and say we don't have the waitres was nice and polite
I saw a picture in one of the review before me I wish my eggs and tomato look like this picture
The salt and paper come in open-air people put their fingers inside so just imagine 20 people put their finger( they do have small spoon but I saw two people putting your fingers) absolutely discussed............
now for the reason I wrote this review it is about the second waitress with the tattoos ,two small triangles on her legs, she was the meanest human being .
I own chain of restaurants this waitress cannot be in this industry. She should be fired on day 1.
I will not to come back and I hope the owner will take this into consideration ( this is the risen I wrote me and my thai girlfriend)
I just saw a review before me Mansion about her Behavior

24  Thank chaim2013