“Fantastic brunch”

Ranked #7 of 2,584 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We don't serve fast food at our small, non-airconditioned restaurant. Sandwich, salad and breakfast restaurant serving locally-sourced coffee beans and fresh fruit for smoothies. Our bagels and baguettes are made by a bakery to our high standards and we make our own yoghurt. Use of high quality ingredients and skillful techniques gives you the taste of fine-dining without the fine-dining price. Find out where the flavour is hiding!
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Love this place. Relaxed atmosphere in a side road. Sandwich was excellent! I had the "Godfather" baguette with chicken, bacon, egg and avocado, I really liked the bread as well - delicious. Staff is friendly, prices are reasonable for the quality. Iced coffee was great. I'll definitely come back again.

Sammy S, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

It's wonderful news that you felt we deserve a repeat visit! Thank you for posting a review! You noticed one of the important parts of our mission – to serve high quality at a reasonable price. Fantastic!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We had brunch here. It's very small with limited seating so we had a wait. It was worth it.We both had sandwiches which were wonderful.It's not cheap by Thai standards,but you are paying for quality. We live near by and will be back.

1  Thank David G
Sammy S, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

We really appreciate it that you weren't in a rush so you could wait! Thank you for that and also for posting your review! It's great that you pointed out that the prices of our menu items are based on ingredient quality. We don't buy cheap stuff! Many travellers don't know that bread costs 10 times the price of rice here in Thailand. It means that a sandwich is automatically the price of a local food dish just because of the bread. I'll get off my soapbox now!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

A straightforward menu with tasty options including lox, cream cheese and bagels! Excellent coffee drinks, divine eggs. Worth the hunt to find down the street. Small but, cozy.

Sammy S, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor and for hunting us down! We're glad you enjoyed our wares!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I've gone to The Hideout three different times and I've only ordered the veggie bagel because it's so good. The bagel is so delicious! My sister ordered the Greek salad and the dressing was good! The Thai staff is so friendly! I would recommend this place for breakfast!

Sammy S, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for visiting us three times and for posting a review! It's lovely to hear that the Veggie bagel satisfied you to this level. We like to improve at every opportunity we get so, if you have time, I'd love to know what we could have done better or differently to receive that fifth star from you.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I had the French toast. You better go on empty stomach as the portions is large. You can add any toppings that you like. Also had a coffee. Cool place and has wifi if you need it.

Sammy S, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your visit and for posting a review. It's a good recommendation that those intending to eat the French Toast alone have an appetite. I'd love to know what we could have done better or differently to receive that fifth star from you.