“An entertaining evening”

Zabb E Lee Thai cooking school
Ranked #2 of 81 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer you a wide variety of choice, healthy and delicious Thai food. You will enjoy cooking with experienced and skilled instructor. We will share with you the secret of Thai cuisine. Our school is surrounded with the relaxing and beautiful atmosphere of the old town city.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to doing a cooking class in Chiang Mai and Zabb E Lee certainly delivered. I had Art as my instructor and his warm, bubbly personality made it a really entertaining evening. After choosing what we wanted to make, we started out by going to the market, where Art showed us the ingredients we wouldn't have known before. Then we started to cook our first two meals. At all times Art made sure we understood the instructions and made it a lot of fun. After sitting down to eat these, we moved onto making our curries. Everyone was hands on making the paste and then we each made our own curries using the paste. Finally we had more food, which I had to take home with me as there was so much good to eat. Overall a very enjoyable evening!

1  Thank Kellymw92
Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)
All reviews
"great teacher"
in 64 reviews
"mango sticky rice"
in 49 reviews
"step by step instructions"
in 15 reviews
"cook book at the end"
in 17 reviews
"great class"
in 28 reviews
"fun cooking class"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Picked up in minivan to a local market where Art explained the various vegetables we would be using in our cooking. This was a brilliant hands on experience where you were able to make an appetiser, soup, main, curry and desert. I opted for the vegetarian option which was not a problem. Art was a fantastic host and teacher. The food we made was high quality restaurant standard.
100% recommended!

1  Thank Danni1986
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Such an amazing cooking course! We had Art as our teacher and he made it so entertaining and fun for all of us. The course is suitable for vegans, vegetarians and anyone with allergies too as the teachers take everything in to consideration. My partner is not confident with cooking and he absolutely loved it so I would recommend it for beginners as well as confident cooks as they really talk you through each step clearly. You also get given a recipe book at the end and they take photos throughout which is a bonus. I would recommend this course to everyone, it was so much fun, all the teachers were so lovely and we made some really tasty dishes! (Don’t judge my burnt spring rolls)

2  Thank Evamain97
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I joined the cooking class in march. First thing is going to the market where they tell you a lot about ingredients and you have a little time to go around and buy some stuff if you want (for the food we cooked they take care of it). Location is perfect, this open air kitchen looks awesome. Sometimes the cooking is very very fast you have to pay attention if you don't want to end up asking questions during the cooking very every second counts :)

I would definitely recommend this cooking school to anybody looking to learn how to cook a couple of thai dishes!