All reviews chiang mai city swimming pool would stay here again room was spacious conference pichet facilities mosquitoes laundry
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We were here as a family for a conference. The rooms were nice, and the food was good, they always had a good selection of food for adults and kids, spicy and not spicy. the grounds are always nice and green and many flower. The coffee is not too good but that is minor. There is a swimming pool and many places for the kids to play and explore. would go back again.

Room Tip: One night there was a party and the music was a bit loud so staying in a room not facing the front would be good.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a 10 day conference. The scenery around the hotel is beautiful and serene. I went jogging around the hotel and found amazing views of mountains and valleys. There are nearby hikes to a canyon with small waterfall and up a mountain if you enjoy hiking. The food was buffet 3 meals daily during the conference with an afternoon snack and tea. I'm vegetarian and they had enough food options at each meal. The internet worked well from my room. The weather was perfect up in the mountains. Did not notice any mosquitoes or bugs. I would stay here again and recommend it to someone who wants to stay in the mountains away from the city.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank julie n
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Suan Bua is a very quiet and peaceful place to stay in the mountains if you don't want to be in the tourist traps of Chiang Mai. However, don't expect a new or modern facilities - it is quite dated and the rooms are worn and old. It is worth staying though for the gardens, which are superb and kept very well.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Pichet A, General Manager at Suan Bua Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Scobie P

Thank you for stayed at Suan Bua Hotel and Resort,Chiangmai and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel.

I truly value your feedback. I always endeavor to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable and pleasant time at our Hotel. Therefore, please accept our sincere apologies for your experienced during your stay due to the room conditions.

I am also working closely with our owning company to enhance the overall room’s product and I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and although not not real modern it was relaxing and very economical. It was clean, nice grounds and good food. Friendly service. It is a bit remote, but very quiet. It is about 25 minute taxi drive from airport.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank timcT9802VE
Pichet A, General Manager at Suan Bua Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Tim C,

Thank you to staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

At Suan Bua Hotel and Resort stands for great value for money, warm welcome of Thai hospitality in the atmosphere of natural touch.

Hope that I would be your choice of hotel again when you return to Chiangmai in future.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

we stayed ten days in this hotel and it was not a good experience for us. Our first day in the room we had to call in their cleaning crew. The room was so dirty it was obvious it had not been cleaned. My wife wiped down some areas with a towel and it was very dirty. The hotel is also very far out of the city this it is costly to get to the many sites. All and all we were disappointed with our stay there and would not recommend it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Pichet A, General Manager at Suan Bua Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Bubba H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It was indeed very disappointing to note that you did not have satisfactory experience with us. On behalf of the entire team and especially our housekeeping, I sincerely apologize for coming across as dirty and for other inconveniences you have experienced during your stay.

I do take feedback from our guests very seriously - after all the satisfaction of our guests is our ultimate aim. I assure you that I will take prompt action to re-train the entire team so that in future. I and my team truly hope that you will allow an opportunity to be serve you better in future.