“A lot of potential, but...”
Review of 3 Little Pigs

3 Little Pigs
Ranked #1,023 of 2,581 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stopped by this place because we were drawn in by the menu. Two of us are familiar with Louisiana food, and the third was keen to try it.

The corn maque choux was quite good, and the hush puppies likewise. The "barbecued shrimp" was advertised as being in a tomato-based sauce (it wasn't, and it wasn't especially flavourful, circling a round bun of spongy sweet bread). Unfortunately we didn't try the classics like gumbo so can't speak to that.

The biggest detriment to this place was that the woman on duty that evening was blasting ghastly, high-pitched nursery tunes for her toddler on some electronic device. I hope the kid enjoyed it, because it ruined the meal for us.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

3 Little Pigs has an odd atmosphere, but I love it. The food is reasonably priced, delicious, and comes in generous portions. The burgers are great, and there are plenty of gems on the menu. Well worth a visit for anyone in Chiang Mai!

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Cornbread was all kinds of nasty and the enchiladas were less appetizing then the microwavable garbage at the market.

1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This is a strange place. Looking for something less spicy I found this on TA and automatically said yes. The experience dining here is strange but the food is delicious. It's obviously a family run situation as both times I've eaten here I've been served by a young lady carrying her infant child. I'm not super fussy and will deal with most things to enjoy good food but I found this strange. The Grizzly Adams pyjamas dude from the US, who is possibly the owner, watches his TV in another part of the restaurant I've yet to venture to but he has a booming voice and can be heard throughout. Now, the food. The first day I had the chili dog to start and it was all sorts of burny good, flavourful to the last. For a main I went for bbq chicken with garlic mash and vegetables. This was good, tasty, while not exactly presented well. The next time I tried the cheeseburger, something I never order, but it was absolutely delicious, homemade slaw and home pickled pickles, the burger was a knife and fork affair which I attacked with aplomb after the first bite. Lurvly. So, to access this awesome food you may have to put up with staff practices which are alien to you but you find it's worth it just to deal.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived late in Chang mai and due to the weather only a few foodstalls still up and running but barely. .

Service was great..it took awhile to get our order..but it was worth it!!!

Music volume could be a little less....

1  Thank Maurits B