“very tasty Japanese food just out of the city center”
Review of Kitchen Hush

Kitchen Hush
Ranked #308 of 2,578 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It is worth to visit this small restaurant just out the city center, across the river, in a 'lost street'. Interior is simple Japanese warm style, with a lot of typical wood. Large menu choice. The food is very tasty and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It’s a lovely location, tucked away in the backstreets. Food - we had sushi and sashimi - was generally good. However, a couple of types of fish, from the large sashimi platter, smelt very ‘off’. We asked the waitress, twice, to bring it to the attention of the chef. Both times she just said “our fish is fresh”. It may have been fine but it is odd for a chef - especially a well-regarded sushi chef - to completely ignore an issue like this.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

food is very good, staff is pleasant and nice, don't understand english very well, but it's negligible.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

When friends ask me what kind of food, I often reply Japanese. This is really Japanese and the owner does the cooking ..a little hard to find..not in a touristy area.. since only one cook, it may take some time...try the salmon..really good..or the unagi .. Japanese home cooking. Reasonably priced!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I am afan of Kitchen Hush since they start the business, let's say 20 years ago.
Japanese boss and chef made a tasty Japanese dishes I always enjoy.

Recently, I found the taste drop down, the price rising up. The service gets slower, however they try their best to keep everythibng at their standard.

When I feel like to eat authentic Japanese food, Kitchen Hush always come in my mind, but when I am there, I feel it is not the same standard as I had before.

All in all, I love Kitchen Hush, it is very nice authentic homemade home style cooking with lovely owner. Just that the price, the pirtion size and service can be improved to meet their previous standard back years ago.