All reviews person dorm common space cheaper places old town facilities backpackers stains temple
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Love this hostel as with great modern design, fabulous environment, good facilities, friendly staff, strategic location (walking distance to night market) & last but not least..the price was amazingly reasonable! Great job So Hostel

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank attalaevigatad
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

SOHO has wonderful clean rooms and everything looks new and shiny, their staff is really friendly and can speak great English! I stayed in a dorm as a solo traveler and for the price it was one of the best Hostels I've stayed at (I've been traveling for a month at this point). The old city is nearby and it's close to the airport. I enjoyed my stay here so much I had to stay another night. It is a hostel so it's not like the beds are soft and bouncy but still comfortable with such a comfy duvet cover that didn't make me overheat at all. I didn't even have the air conditioning on. Wonderful place for budget travelers, I highly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie-Ann N
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I visit Chiang mai for conference , it's only 2 minutes walk to a big hotel but not warm environment and friend from Estonia ;) Thank you Sohostel. Plz visit here , hope u will enjoy like me and never forget Chiang mai.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Conan T
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I live in Thailand and visit Chiang Mai every few weeks. Almost every time I come, I stay at SoHo. The staff isn't the friendliest or the most helpful, but I've never had any major problems with the rooms. Locks aren't provided for the lockers like a lot of the other hostels I've stayed at. The bathrooms are full of spiders and aren't cleaned often. However, the location cannot be beat. SoHo is located right in between the Night Bazaar and the Tha Phae Gate. There is a 711 right across the street from the hostel, and there are always taxis waiting outside to take you places. If you like nightlife and don't want to walk to the main places, it's only 20ish baht from SoHo by song tau. The beds here are very comfortable, especially compared to other hostels. I've stayed in the 12 person rooms and the 8 person rooms and will definitely stay again. There is a kitchenette and washing machines available for use, as well as a cute outdoor seating area. Also, beware of the elevator, super slow and I'm constantly worried about it breaking down.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank 706beccad
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Definitely the hostel has a great location: 10min walking to night bazaar and about 5 minutes (or less) for saturday night bazaar. There are many restaurants with good food closely and many massage house on the street. The room I stayed was a double bed and it's big and confortable. 1.2 km and you'll at the main temple of Chiang Mai (nice walk for a sightseeing by yourself). BUTTTT they have the worst staff ever, looks like the people on reception don't want you there (execption for only one boy that I don't remember the name). I needed to book a transfer for the airport 'cause the flight was early in the morning and the young lady said they couldn't help and for me to pickup a taxi on the street (4:30 am). They didn't clean the room everyday (for a private room I think this is the minimum).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple