Mercure Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$38
US$80
  • Breakfast included
US$53
US$43
Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$244
US$144
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$125
US$98
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$153
US$97
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$29
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$107
US$67
Priceline
US$69
US$54
Priceline
1,810 results
All reviewsnight bazaarroyal suitelarge hotelbuffet breakfastan upgradebit datedtour deskhotel is in a great locationold citystayed here for nightsdeluxe roommassage placeshotel stafftuk tuknice poolchang maipools
Reviewed 6 December 2017

My stay at the hotel was at the start and end of my tour in Chaing Mai. As such I arrived late so was hoping for a peaceful sleep. Unfortunately this was not the case. Whether it is due to the location of bars around the hotel, it was very noisy. I would expect the rooms to be sound proof. Also there was a lack on power sockets in the room (only one) which made charging items a challenge.

Room Tip: Away from street
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lon2008
Peter S, General Manager at The Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Lon
Thank you for your post on TripAdivor and your stay at our hotel. We are sorry to read that you could not fully enjoy your stay as the noise was disturbing you. Our
location is certainly excellent, however the noise can be a problem. The good news is, that our owning company has decided to renovate our hotel and double-glassed windows will be placed. So the noise level will be considerable reduced. It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel on another occasion. May we take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the coming Festive Season and a Happy New Year.
Kind regards from The imperial Mae Ping Team and peter – general manager

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 friends for 2 nights- before and after a trip to the north. On the first night we were on the 13 floor with a large room beautifully refurbished on the second night we were on th 11 floor room 1106 and it needed refurbishing. On the first night the safe in the room didn't work and the staff couldn't fix it. The breakfast was very good. The lobby was beautiful. Good Wi-Fi. The location to the night market was great!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Peter S, General Manager at The Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your stay with us and your post on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to read your comments and are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. Our apologies for the malfunctioning of the safe in your room on the 13ttth floor. We are accommodating guests for many different countries and therefore our breakfast hast a big spread of dishes, to please as many people as possible. The location is certainly a big plus, being in the centre of town, yet we have big nice gardens around. May we take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the upcoming Festive Season and a Happy New Year.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel thinking it cost 2000baht a night, which is the equivalent of £50 a night and went on the travel company Intrepid's recommendation. We booked directly via the hotel website. The website was somewhat misleading as what we thought was a total of 8000baht for 3 nights turned out to be 29000 baht (£600). The hotel also stated on arrival that they had upgraded us as it was our honeymoon, so we were really excited, thinking it was very kind of them. We only came to realise how much we had paid once we had checked in, as it was late at night and we were tired from travelling. Unfortunately the hotel would only refund us 2500 baht (£55) after my husband spent an hour with the manager. It was our honeymoon and we were really upset that this had happened and we tried not to let it ruin our trip. And it appears we were only 'upgraded' as we had been charged so much and this was the only room left on the first night. When we checked in, late and after travelling all day, the hotel did not make it clear with the conversion rate and did not offer us to be able to pay in pounds. All the other hotels we had been in across Thailand had done this. We were gutted and left disappointed that the hotel didn't help to make us realise the cost before payment and that they weren't able to refund any more than the 2300baht offered. The room was nice however it is extremely noisy and we were on the 15th floor, we had to wear earplugs at night. Overall, we came away feeling somewhat deflated and upset by the event.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peter S, General Manager at The Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Honeymooners
Thank you for you for your stay and your post on TripAdvisor. Let me apologize for the disappointing experience, which you have endured at our hotel. Quite some confusion and miscommunication has occurred. I would like to invite you for a free two nights stay in a Royal suite. Please contact me at your convenience and I wish to apologize one again.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and can honestly say they have the most helpful staff I have ever met. After losing a bag in a taxi containing my medication the desk staff went out of their way to track it down for me,

The staff are very polite and friendly and make you feel very welcome. The rooms are lovely and the food is the best I have ever eaten! Thank you to Stefan for a fabulous meal, Peter and all the staff for making our stay at the Imperial Mae Ping extra special.

Recommended as the best hotel in Chiang Mai

Room Tip: Personally prefer a pool view but the city view is also very nice. All rooms are very clean and a good size
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Melinda
Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor and your visit to our hotel! It was nice to read your comments and all of us here are very happy that you and your family enjoyed the stay. Our associates are happy to know how you feel here and already look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. It is always nice to have return/repeat guests coming here. Once again thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days on our tour through Thailand for our 10th wedding anniversary booked from a travel agency.

Well I’ll start with the positives: there was good buffet options for breakfast as most places in Thailand has great food & Courteous staff and it’ll end there!

The hotel is in bed shape, really bad shape, I would not spend a dollar on this property had I known how bad it really was and is... the bed uncomfortable, the room rundown I felt uncomfortable to sit anywhere because the furniture was old you can tell by the stains and the carpet, the walls also were thin, the bathroom had only a bathtub/shower which continued clogging, how gross to shower like that waiting ten or more minutes for the water to drain. Bad lighting, non appealing view and just overall a bad experience and I couldn’t wait to leave because it was just that bad, thankfully we spent a day going on the elephant safari tour which was nice and allowed us out of the shab for a whole day.

In my honest opinion I would not recommend staying here as the property need to commit to upgrades and follow through in order to gain our hard earned dollar.

Stayed: October 2017
4  Thank Sherika D
Peter S, General Manager at The Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Sherika
Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor and you recent stay with us. It is a fact that our hotel is due for a renovation. It is just unfortunate, that you did not take the time to contact the undersigned. We do apologize for the shortcomings you have described. We do fully understand your frustration; however feel that a lot of exaggeration has been added to your comments.