“Right in the centre”

Dusit Princess Chiang Mai
Ranked #57 of 395 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We choose this hotel because it was situated in the centre of the night bazar, all the nightlife is on your doorstep and yet the riverfront is only 5 minute walk.
The rooms are reasonably sized although our bathroom was small and only had a shower. Breakfast had a great choice of different cuisines and the staff were all friendly and very helpful. The hotel has a reasonable sized swimming pool and a small fitness suite with some cardio equipment and resistance equipment.

Room Tip: Rooms on the roadside are noisy till midnight.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RTatcha, General Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear David E,

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share the positive review of our hotel.

We are absolutely delighted to learn that your leisure stay with us was a memorable one, especially the great experience you received from our location and service.

I do hope that Dusit Princess Chiang Mai will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Tatcha Riddhimat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Excellent place to stay in Chiang Mai. Centrally located to shopping, night markets, bazaars and eating places. Good clean hotel and courteous staff to make your stay pleasant. Easy access to other places of interests and entertainment.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
RTatcha, General Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Ho P,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I stayed there with 4 other colleagues for a workshop in Chiang Mai. 3 days 2 nights. For a tourist, it is very central and extremely convenient.

The lobby is simple but nice enough. Has a raised platform with sofas for lounging. The receptionist all fluent in English and are helpful and well informed. My colleague form Bangkok drove to Chiang Mai so we parked at the side of the hotel. I am not sure if there were anymore covered parking inside the building, but from what I saw, there were only about no more than 6 parking bays on at the open car park.

Our twin room was spacious. In fact, I think it would still be spacious enough if an extra bed was added. I didn't notice a mini bar but there was hair dryer, safe, kettle, TV etc. Everything seemed to work quite well. Only one complain was that we had to shower standing in the bathtub - I've always found that to be dangerous for older people. Also the way the water dripped, it ran down the rim of the tub and spilled onto the bathroom floor. That was annoying as I dislike wet bathroom floors. Sp next day my friend and I made sure we gathered more shower curtain to try to block the flow of the water while showering. Th beds and and pillows are comfortable enough, I was also tired I admit but knocked out both nights.

We were not able to book a breakfast together with our online hotel booking, so we were advised to pay (sign) at the restaurant. But the receptionist reminded us to say that we should mention paying 250 Baht/ person, instead of the usual rate. Breakfast is decent in terms of spread and taste. I only had the continental breakfast but my colleagues had thai noodles. Looked good. They had a separate small table where they served "non Halal" pork sausages and some other pork item.

I didn't end up using the free wifi- as we had purchased a 3 day data card which was sufficient for our usage, so can't comment if it was stable.

The location of the hotel is the main selling point. It is right smack in the middle of a everything - massage salons, the night market ( starts around 6 - 6.30pm) and if you venture just like 2 mins to the side lanes, you'll discover very good quality food street. We had dinner at one where you oder your food from stalls but then eat them in a covered seated area. There were a great variety of food and the taste unique to its own. On the same note, the shopping is also a very pleasant experience. Personally I didn't really enjoy the stalls lined on the side of the streets as the products are similar. We ventured just a little bit behind to the back of the main stores and discovered there were many other stalls and stores tucked at the back. It was more comfortable to walk there as it was more spacious and open. There are also open-air restaurants and live bands performing as well. So the whole time we were strolling about ( not crowded) we could listen to live music from one of the outlets as well.

This is my 5 trip to Chiang Mai but previously I've stayed in resorts or B&B either in the Old City or the outskirts, so it was a very leisurely and relaxed experience. I loved those trips too. But if you want to just be a tourist and have everything right under your nose, the Dusit Princess is a very good choice. The rates are also reasonable for what you get.

note: Tourist must visit the "Wororot Market" ( nect tothe Flower Market. Its a day market which sells everything from fresh food to dried goods to cloths, fabric wholesale etc etc... start with breakfast in the market then walk within and also around the streets outside the market. You'll have a feel of the local lifestyle.

Room Tip: Only eat breakfast at hotel if you're in a hurry or on work trip. If not venture out to try food...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RTatcha, General Manager at Dusit Princess Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear viva67,

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share the positive review of our hotel.

We are absolutely delighted to learn that your leisure stay with us was a memorable one, especially the great experience you received from our location.

We apologize for the room and bathroom condition, please rest assured that this comment already shared with concern department to prevent problem in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Very friendly employees and good service. we had a nice and comfortable big room for a reasonable price. also enjoyed the free parking in the middle of city center. The bathroom was a little bit on the smaller side but ok. Very recommendable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear CarloKunz,

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of where everything is. It's basically part of the night market where the whole road comes alive at 5pm. The tuk tuk drivers also know the name of the hotel so it makes getting around a lot easier.

The only thing is that the hotel staff do not speak very good English at all so if you have a problem then you have to sort it out for yourself. The concierge is also made up of just an elderly lady who told us off for booking our elephant nature park trip online. She told me I should cancel my trip and book it with her and then refused to give me a price and just simply said "not expensive" as if that was good enough to make me book through her.

If you are confident you know what you are doing in Chiang Mai then this is the perfect hotel for location and price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple