“Brilliant day”

Araiwah Chiang Mai Bicycle City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The cycling city program is designed by very happy/go, jolly native people of Chiang Mai, who will lead you to a wonderful and fantastic encounter around the city, which could be viewed in many different ways. Your choice is our service. Be rest assured that your one day holiday on a bicycle, in the city of Chiang Mai will be a memorable one. Our daily plan is flexible to changes to suit your personal preferences.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Great day out with Nooh as said by many others. Highlight for me was the market. I learnt such a lot about the foods and the local way of life. The waterfalls were great too....and the food, food, food!!!
Thankyou

in 5 reviews
"northern thailand"
"highlight of our trip"
in 4 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"doi suthep"
"stops"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Nooh is a friendly, animal loving, thai guy who runs these tours. 1100 baht for the day includes everything..water, juice, snacks, lunch. I was lucky enough to be the only one booked on the tour so Nooh picked me up on the back of his scooter, took me to where he kept the bikes, and really catered the day towards my preferences. I'm mostly vegetarian and he found me the best food :) i also asked for his recommendation on a good tailor to get some dresses made and he took me there and negotiated the price in thai for me! We went to a food market which was really useful as now i know what snacks to look for. Great value. Only tip i can give us to wear sneakers for the hike, and your swimsuit under your clothes as there was nowhere to change so i didnt really swim at the waterfall. Nooh taught me some thai words.. Great first day in Thailand!

2  Thank princesslucy83
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I can only echo what the other reviewers have said about Nooh. This was our last real day in Chiang Mai and I had all but given up on a ride that was not too much money or too much riding. I finally came across Araiwah on TA. Sometime it pays to keep searching and I am so glad I persisted. What a great day despite the drizzle. Nooh is awesome and took us to so many interesting locales, so many people knew him which I thought was a good sign. I am a foodie so loved all of the bites! The waterfall hike was a little risky, not for my 2 boys, but for their 53 y/o mom who didn't want to break any bones! I made it up with Nooh' help, but if you are unsure of the climb there is an easier way up just ask him, it is the route we took down. He wanted us to have an adventure. It was slippery at points and not much to grab onto.
I feel like by going with Nooh, we supported a local, not a big tour company. I was in Chiang Mai over 20 years ago and a lot has changed, very touristy and expensive but still enjoyed seeing it again with my boys.

1  Thank Flara64
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent the day bicycling around Chiang Mai with Nooh and we could not be happier! Very easy cycling, good food on the way and lots of interesting stops. We visited a market, tasted street food and hiked up to a waterfall. Nooh was informative, made sure everyone was drinking lots of water and a fun guide! L
I recommend using lots of sunscreen though, as it gets humid during the day it is difficult to apply but the sun can be very strong and you spend the whole day in the sun.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved our day spent with Nooh biking around CM. He made everyone feel very comfortable on their bikes amongst lots of traffic and cars/scooters zipping around. We started at the market where he taught us about many types of food and bought us snacks. Then we rode around the city going to various spots that we would never have found on our own. He made sure we stayed hydrated and well fed all day. The highlight of the tour was our hike to Huay Kaew Waterfall. It was a slight hill to get up there on the bike followed by a bit of a tough hike (wear sneakers!!!) but it was worth it at the top where we got to cool off in the waterfall and get some amazing views of the whole city. Nooh knows all the good spots that aren't too crowded with tourists and he is a wealth of knowledge about all things Chiang Mai. Quite a fantastic experience!

1  Thank Rachel S