“Salad yes but other dishes . . .”
Review of The salad concept

The salad concept
Ranked #147 of 2,439 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Visited a few times. Salads were good then decided to try something different on the menu. Two other plates (one fish and the other a meat in a bread pocket) was not so appealing to me. So if I want a salad then I go here, if I want something else then I go somewhere else. Enough said. BTW - a bit on the pricy side for me but service was good.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

A great place for some healthy food in the Ninmin area. Build your own salad or go with one of their suggestions. Also great wraps. A nice change of pace and bright clean place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Popped in for two snacks yesterday. The place was empty except for one customer using a laptop. It was clean and tidy, but the staff were not friendly, though efficient enough.

I had a mushroom soup, which was one of the smallest portions of anything I have ever had (photo provided) - half a dozen spoonfuls and it was gone! Tasted alright, but not of mushrooms and it wasn't hot enough.

I also had a berry smoothie which was of appropriate size and tasted wonderful. I would go back for this alone but not for the food.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Just perfect for a light lunch, modern and Thai hip, serving lighter faire and salads. Staff bring the meal to you, the soups are amazing if slightly spicy. All the other dishes we saw being served looked really good.

Very reasonably priced for the quality, saw several Salad Concepts in Chiang Mai, the one we tried we would go to again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch and it was conveniently located close to our hotel. I appreciated the large colorful menus with photos, the airy and cool ambience, and the fast WiFi. But the service took forever. Our waitress seemed to be serving every other table but ours even though we sat down before others. And eventually we had to flag her down to get her to come to our table to order. This issue might be to two room dining area setup in the restaurant.

The food took a loooong time to come out. I ordered a tofu salad, which was good but I also ordered a watermelon pineapple smoothie that was absolutely terrible. It tasted so artificial that I literally took two sips of it and left the rest because it tasted like liquid bubblegum. My husband ordered a salmon salad and berry smoothie that was good and my brother in law ordered a mango smoothie which was good. He also ordered a fruit salad that was kind of disappointing as it felt like mostly apple slices.

Overall, some of the food/drinks were very hit or miss (DON’T order the watermelon pineapple smoothie!) but service very slow. Somewhat disappointing for the relatively higher prices that were paid for the food compared to other places in Chiang Mai.