“Nice place”

Ranked #11 of 121 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pink Teahouse (Vieng Joom On Teahouse) ' Vieng ' means city and ' Joom on ' means pink, which make Vieng Joom On means a pink city. It started from an absolute impression of the Pink City of India or as known as Chaipura. The elegant royal palace and houses in Chaipura are all pink. Pink is a color of beautiful love. Love is a major representation of tea, a well brewed tea is a tea brewed with heart. That makes the theme color of Vieng Joom On Teahouse pink, which can be easily recognized since the first step at Vieng Joom On. Vieng Joom On Tea House has up to 50 kinds of premium quality tea. Tea leaves are selected from famous tea planting places from all around the world. They were neatly produced with a standard production procedure for a good quality. Apart from premium tea, Vieng Joom On Teahouse also serves many refreshing desserts in a relaxing breathtaking atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We had lunch here on our last day in CM.
The setting is lovely and the restaurant is beautiful. The food was okay but not the best we have had. Tea and drinks were really nice.
It is a lovely relaxing place to spend an hour or two.

Kaemapat C, General Manager at Vieng Joom On Teahouse - Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear QldWendy,

Thank you for visiting our tea house and writing up this review. Having read these comments, we are sorry that our food did not exceed your expectation, I will bring up this topic to our chef in order to improve our dishes. It was great to read that you have a relaxed afternoon as well as enjoy our tea which is our specialty. I am hoping to have an opportunity to welcoming you again and recommend our extensive vegetarian dishes and desserts.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was very beautiful and a great place to sit and relax but the service was very poor- hardly paying any attention to us. The food was below average and the prices were way above average. We spent 1000 bhat for 2 of us to have lemonade and entrees.

Dear Madison S,

Thank you for review our tea house. I am sorry to hear that your afternoon tea experience did not meet your expectation. Our service has been one of our strong attributes which I am truly sorry for not giving our best service. From the point of view on food, I will bring up this comment to our chef for improvement. Our tea house we serve a wide variety of vegetarian dishes, we have put a lot of effort to come up this menu. We are very sorry that the food did not match to your taste like. Regarding the pricing, we have checked with our colleagues that you have ordered 3 dishes which are Fresh Spring Roll, Roll Crepe with Tomatoes and Penne Pasta with tomatoes sauce as well as two glasses of special iced tea and the total price was 935 Baht. I would consider as a normal price for dining in this type of restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Best place that I've been to in Chang Mai so upset that I only discovered it on my last day here yet on that last day I visited here twice it was so good!
Impeccable service amazing food. Worth the pricy menu!

Dear Ayelet S,

Thank for taking your time to write up this review. I have delighted that our tea house have been your favorite place in Chiang Mai. I will personally bring up this great comments to our colleague. We have been put a lot of effort on improving our food, dessert and service to exceed guests' expectation.
I am looking forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

It is my favourite place to enjoy an afternoon tea with cakes and in a nice relaxing environment. Staffs are friendly and the shop offers a great selection of teas.

Kaemapat C, General Manager at Vieng Joom On Teahouse - Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Bernadette S,

Thank you for visiting our tea house and be our regular customer. I am very pleased that our teahouse has been one of your favorite place. Our aim is to have a relax and great ambiance for customer to enjoy their tea and dessert. I am looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful space and friendly staff. I had a black caramel tea that was bland. But I had the spinach and mushrooms with cream in philo. It was delicious.

Cost about $15 CAD. A little pricey but I would go again.

Dear Swingbird,

Thank you for write up this review. I am really sorry to hear that our black caramel tea was bland for you. I am hoping that next time you visit our staff can recommend you other tea which suit to your taste. We are very much looking forward to welcome you during your next trip to Chiang Mai.