All reviews old city dvd player tuk tuk pool area ground floor walking distance wat phra breakfast buffet small pool sunday night market superior room thai food yogurt chang mai balcony koi thailand
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The breakfast was great, lots of buffet choices. Staff went out of their way to ensure we met our connecting buses, and looked after our luggage for free when we went out of town for a few days. Quieter area but not far to walk to most things

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I have stayed in Chiangmai many times. We had been staying at one of the larger hotels but want to spend a couple night in a "nicer" place. So based on rating and photos on the internet we selected De Lanna. We paid over $60USD on hotels.com. It is "boutique hotel". We found out this means there is not central AC, it is kind of old, lots of teak. We had mice/rats get into our food. I mentioned this to the staff and they felt bad.....but did not offer to do anything about it. The location is find but not great. In Chiangmai there are many other options I would recommend. Our friends paid over $110 usd for a "super room" which was basically the same things with a tub. The staff was nice and the breakfast was fine. They seemed to have a lot of rules (no early or late check-in) and did not seems to want to flex. If it was $40 usd in Chiang Man I would recommend it.

Stayed: November 2017
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear lovely guests,

Sorry for your food that got eaten by something, but after you reported to our staffs on your check-out time, we did ask you for caring, but you said it was o.k. However, you mentioned to them that you heard the noise in the earlier night and thought something was eating your chocolate bar at night (1st night). If you have told us about this after your first night, we would ask you to relocate to the other room instead of staying in the same room. We will clean and clear the room to find and hole or place that rats or animal can hide in the room for you. But you just told us for on your check-out time and we could not do anything about that for you. After you reported this (Chocolate got bitten on the first night and a banana got bitten on the second night) on your check out date, we did investigate this right away to find that animal in that room. However, after search and find in every inch of the room, we could not find anything. There is no hole to access into the room from the outside and no place to hide. We wonder whether you left your food outside the room at your terrace or not. If you left your food at the table sit at the terrace outside the room overnight, it could have some bats come to eat your food (such as a banana in your case). We are sorry that this incident happened to you and hope we can get more information to you where exactly you left the food in order to improve our facilities and to inform other guests to prevent this kind of incident. For our price, it depends on how you feel about it. If you compare our price to other places that have the same facilities with us, we believe that our price is much lower than other places in this old city area. We receive "Best value hotel" award in 2015 from voting from Chinese tourists and conduct in Weibo website (Chinese renowned website). That means we gave most of everything we have to our customers and with this price, you cannot get better than this in other places. Every hotel has rules and we do the same most hotels have. We do very flexible on the check-in and check-out time. It's up to our room availability and we ease customers to do the best as they want on time that not conflict with our room availability. Hope you understand us in all aspects that we mentioned and hope to service you again in your next Chiang Mai visit.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The hotel is situated in the center of Chiang Mai close to good thai restaurants. It has a nice pool and a small restaurant where you can order drinks.
We had a honey moon suite but were not on a honey moon. We got the room simply because everything else was fully booked. The room was very spacious and beautifully decorated with Swan folded towels. We had a shower and a Jacuzzi tub. Water was provided for free in glass bottles.
The room was tidy and clean, but not extremely clean. But taking into consideration the rest, for me it was ok.

The staff was very nice and pleasant.
The thing I didn't like, was the breakfast. Don't get me wrong, it was ok, but I would have expected something more, a bigger variety of bread (not just toast) I had better before... and maybe I am spoiled.
The breakfast starts at 7AM and one morning, we had to leave at 7:30, so we were present at 7AM. There were plenty of things missing, like butter and there was no pancakes, no bananas .... and no fried eggs. However they had enough croissants, which tasted good if you let them go through the toaster.
On the next day, we went at 9 AM and there was only one croissant left but plenty of toast. They had plenty of fruit including bananas. Maybe I should have asked for more croissants.... and maybe they would have brought more. The fried eggs had a funny taste, but were freshly made.
So overall, apart from the breakfast, I would come back as I really like the vibe of the hotel and the location.

Room Tip: Rooms on main floor have direct access to pool, but have a full window and may be visible to others if the curtains are not closed.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear lovely guests,

Thank you for your valuable reviews. We will improve our breakfast services and other aspects to meet the high standard quality and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely big clean rooms with nice cold air con. Great buffet breakfast. Decent meals in the restaurant and most helpful staff. Swimming pool and outdoor dining. Variety of tours available from the hotel. Fairly priced. Good location too.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The staff were efficient and friendly, the room (deluxe) was spacious and nicely decorated with a Thai feel to it. The bathroom was large and airy. I was working while I was there so really appreciatedbthat the Internet was fast and reliable.
I did not use the pool as my room was on the other side of the hotel but noticed other guests enjoying it. The grounds on the other side were nothing special but still pleasant.
The location was fantastic, walking distance to cafes, restaurants and shops but without the hustle and bustle of other parts of Chiang Mai.
Overall, a nice hotel. I would recommend it for short stays (not a resort so plan to have activities in the day!).

Room Tip: Deluxe was great with a terrace (not that private though!)
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business